Shopping Costco For Barbecuing & Grilling

Went for it, tried to get through the gauntlet….Costco was manageable today, lol, bought all the St. Louis they had……
Tomorrow I should be posting my first St. Louis rib cook……using advice found round here.
I cook baby’s only…up until tomorrow.
Also took a pound of wings out….going non vortex, hotter wings……
The trip was a bit harsh on the wallet………yikes.

Attachments

• IMG_0316.jpeg
    IMG_0316.jpeg
    181.5 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0317.jpeg
    IMG_0317.jpeg
    154.6 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0319.jpeg
    IMG_0319.jpeg
    153.1 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0322.jpeg
    IMG_0322.jpeg
    145.4 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0320.jpeg
    IMG_0320.jpeg
    142.8 KB · Views: 18
Went for it, tried to get through the gauntlet….Costco was manageable today, lol, bought all the St. Louis they had……
Tomorrow I should be posting my first St. Louis rib cook……using advice found round here.
I cook baby’s only…up until tomorrow.
Also took a pound of wings out….going non vortex, hotter wings……
The trip was a bit harsh on the wallet………yikes.
Oh damn!! $700 ain’t no joke!!

Yeah, I went to Costco today too. Saturday can be really hard, but I was passing by after grandson's high school graduation. Didn't buy much since I'm fairly well stocked. Spent as much on gas. Crowded, but far from the worst I've seen. I've tried spares, St Loius and cutting my own St Louis, but decided years ago to stick with the baby backs. Especially from Costco, the bb are typically very thick and meaty.

Damn dude, St Louis ribs are just spares trimmed, currency translation, $18 per rack U.S.! Crazy!
2 racks per package…..
you can see the price on the receipt.
Most cases it is 1.3 dollars CAD to buy 1 dollar US.
I didn’t do the math, but knock off about 7.5 bucks to make it US bucks……thats on 25 bucks.
So your price is accurate but there is 2 racks in there.
That’s CAD which is like $200 USD 😂
It is pretty funny…

Last edited:
I just read this and thought others might find it interesting.

Something else Costco sells- incredible:

While gold dealers might sell a variety of gold products—both coins and bullion bars—when Costco’s website opens gold sales often it is only in 1-ounce minted bullion bars, usually one of two types of bars from Swiss-based refiner MKS PAMP or one type from South Africa’s Rand Refinery. Costco also has sold gold in other amounts and recently offered silver coins.

What’s more, Costco doesn’t have spot gold prices on its website for easy price comparisons. Because gold prices are volatile, listed prices will vary, and Costco’s price may be above or below the day’s spot gold price. On Dec. 14, for instance, a 1-ounce PAMP 2024 Azure Dragon minted gold bar was available on Costco’s site for $2,079.99, about 2.5% over spot gold prices that day. It was gone in less than two hours.

Regardless, buyers say the cash-back rewards they get make it worth the buy. Costco members who upgrade to the retailer’s $120 executive membership earn 2% cash-back rewards to spend at the warehouse club, so buying a $2,000 1-ounce gold bar nets them $40. Others say they earn credit-card rewards, which lowers the cost as well.

No Costco here in Costa Rica but we have a similar Shopping store called "PriceSmart" which is headquartered out of San Diego, CA.

Back