Shine On

ChuckO

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
I made 4 pints of the no boil Apple Pie Shine. Thanks to Brenda for the ideal

My "no-boil" Shine from MommaC

ZHft3Ax.jpg

I'm surprised how much it mellowed in 24 hours. It's really smooth and very tasty. I'll likely do it again sometime, but instead of 1/4 cup of brown sugar, I'll likely only put in a table spoon. Maybe even add some Apple Pie Spice (which will have to be strained out when transferred to the mason jars)

6Pso8MI.jpg

I made 4 pints of the no boil Apple Pie Shine. Thanks to Brenda for the ideal

My "no-boil" Shine from MommaC

ZHft3Ax.jpg

Looks good!

Shine on you crazy diamond.... Where'd you find 190 proof ever clear they haven't sold that in Call for awhile now... Only thing I see is 90 proof

The strongest Everclear I could get is 120 proof and it's readily available all over. Walmart had the best price, but I got my bottle at Total Wine
Even though only using 120 proof, it's plenty strong

I have a still. Guess I need to break it out and run a batch one of these days again.

I have a still. Guess I need to break it out and run a batch one of these days again.
My Neighbor had one two, but he moved. He'd run his Hooch through the still several time and his test was to shake the bottle and if the bubbles went away instantly, it was ready. I shook my 120 Everclear, it took nearly 2 seconds for the bubbles to go away. Not sure what his proof was, but it had to be way up there. It wasn't bad either :)

Back