Shé~cone Wings

Jim Lampe

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
"<span class="ev_code_BLUE">smoked</span>" a few chicken flappers last night
DSCN0209.JPG

actually, they soaked in Wicker's Marinade overnight then leftover Roadside marinade was applied during the cook over high heat on the 26OTG
DSCN0210.JPG

DSCN0212.JPG

DSCN0215.JPG

while those were cookin' quartered Yukons were oven-baked iron skillet style and green beans were sauteéd with roasted gaaaaaalic
everything was thrown onto plates and served with napkins
DSCN0220.JPG

DSCN0221.JPG

DSCN0222.JPG

DSCN0223.JPG

simply l<span class="ev_code_RED">?</span>ve shé~cone flappers! I'm sure you do too!
icon_wink.gif

yesterday, i picked up a yellow 18 kettle. Posted photos in the traders forum butt got lost somehow. So here it is.
DSCN0208.JPG

Like to thank Stu from SE Wisconsin for posting the original link to the CL ad and everyone else for their offers to help restore it
chin.gif

(Lawrence, only jokin' about paintin' the big <span class="ev_code_GREEN">G</span> on it)
butt, i don't think I will restore it. The more i look at it, the more it tells me, "I've cooked enough!"
icon_smile.gif

Thanks for visiting!
smiley-happy059.gif

Nice flappers and an even nicer yellow 18".
Any chance you could get me a close up of the markings on the bottom there? looks like the damage I have on my brick red. I am trying to figure out if the heat is causing it or something else. Thanks.

Excellent wings and nice find on the 18! I have wings marinating as I type for Friday night. One group in teriyaki and Mr. Yoshidas for my wife and the other group in Sriracha sauce for me. Will see what type of flavor I get going 48 hours in the marinade.
icon_razz.gif

Fantastic flippers, Jim! Nice score on the yellow 18" but I'd agree with you - looks like it wants to be put out to pasture rather than cook on it, unless it goes through some serious rehab.

Great looking food Jim. In your hands that little grill would cook like the day it came out of the box.

Nice wings Jim!

FYI, The porcelain finish on the oldies have a lifetime warranty. Please post the pictures from the lost post in the kettles section somewhere like Bob did in the classics. Then we can all get a good look at it.

Wonderful Wicker Woadside Wings Jim!
Goin' to freezer dive now, I think I have wing pack somewhere down there.

Congrats on the yellow!
If you decide to paint, this is an excellent match:
AU_EE_DaytonaYellow_L.jpg

My before:
IMGP2329.JPG

My after (before adding the handle you gave me)
IMGP1816.JPG

Mine has one daisy wheel still attached.

Back