Selling my Spirit II E-310 for a move, buy new Spirit or Genesis?

Well as a conclusion to this part of the saga, I ordered a red SE-330. Only place that (hopefully) has them was a hardware store that will ship to store, and with any luck it'll be waiting for me when we move next week. I appreciate the idea of finding an old E-W burner style for a rotisserie, and I see a few in the area we are moving, so that may be in the cards if I can convince my wife to allow the use of that much deck real estate. She DID say she wanted to do rotisserie chicken...

Well as a conclusion to this part of the saga, I ordered a red SE-330. Only place that (hopefully) has them was a hardware store that will ship to store, and with any luck it'll be waiting for me when we move next week. I appreciate the idea of finding an old E-W burner style for a rotisserie, and I see a few in the area we are moving, so that may be in the cards if I can convince my wife to allow the use of that much deck real estate. She DID say she wanted to do rotisserie chicken...

Congrats. We can keep posting pics of roti cooks on our older east west grill if that helps.

20210615_195120.jpg

I wonder if a cooking torch could be used for crisping the skin? Why not. I've got a couple of Cornish Game Hens in the freezer, maybe I'll try it.

Never tried this method. But it would be fun to try. Because...fire. Start at the 6:30 mark.

OK so bird is cooked and dinner is done. I shot a quick video. I was amazed at how much room there is between rod and grate. I did not have to remove them and still had about 3 1/2" I am guessing. The skin was crisp on the legs and wings, but only for a very short while. I tested before and after resting and the skin must reabsorb the juices.

I did want to offer an update, I did get a Genesis II SE-330, it did have damage to the lid, firebox, and far left burner, and all is fixed now. Used a few times, and the grill is FANTASTIC. And red. I'll get a good picture when it is light out. Weber customer service was great by the way. Bit more work on my end, but its all sorted now. I love the extra space the Genesis has over the spirit, and the SS grates are gorgeous, still getting used to them though vs the cast iron.

I did want to offer an update, I did get a Genesis II SE-330, it did have damage to the lid, firebox, and far left burner, and all is fixed now. Used a few times, and the grill is FANTASTIC. And red. I'll get a good picture when it is light out. Weber customer service was great by the way. Bit more work on my end, but its all sorted now. I love the extra space the Genesis has over the spirit, and the SS grates are gorgeous, still getting used to them though vs the cast iron.

Yeah, you know what they say. No pics? It didn't happen :D

I'm really happy with my E330, yet I'm also happy doing roti on my Genesis 1000, and after bringing a kettle back into the stable I'm happy cooking on that too.

Maybe you'll need to plan for a larger deck.

Cheers,

Congrats on the red 330. Can't wait to see pics.

Yah, for an old guy with a bad back, having to hang a tank inside the cabinet without banging it around and scratching every thing up is really hard to do. Especially for us old fat dudes. Then, when there is a tank in there along with the holder for a grease pan on the E3xx grills, there is no room for anything else inside there anyway.

Yah, for an old guy with a bad back, having to hang a tank inside the cabinet without banging it around and scratching every thing up is really hard to do. Especially for us old fat dudes. Then, when there is a tank in there along with the holder for a grease pan on the E3xx grills, there is no room for anything else inside there anyway.
Yep, that's me. And, you are right, no room for storage inside. Have to hang my tools off the shelf. Weber need to bring back the open cart with wire basket.

That is if you have a 4 mile (7 kilometer) flexible gas hose to reach the nearest NG line in your area?

One natural gas line and a new manifold and you'll never have a propane tank in your truck again .....
the first part is the hard part for me, and I lose flexibility to roll my grill under the covered part of the patio when it is storming.

the first part is the hard part for me, and I lose flexibility to roll my grill under the covered part of the patio when it is storming.
Mine has a quick disconnect actually, and the NG hose is pretty long. I have it coiled up behind the grill, but I can move the grill completely away from where it sits without detatching the line. Of course, Bruce has a 4 mile flexible line he could give you ha ha

Back