Seems like a great pizza cooker

It's funny this thread showed up here. I ordered one of these pizza ovens from Walmart the other day. Currently shows it will be delivered tomorrow, Saturday. From what I have seen and read, it will need a few mods to make it consistently usable, like fire bricks next to the fire box, and a few other things.

I will post some pics and stuff here as I get it setup.

I think the pizza was too big and the temps too hot. I think the pizza would have turned out better with someone who has experience doing it. With that being said I will stick with my Kettle Pizza for my kettle. Never failed me.

When he showed the pizza on the peel ready to go in, I was thinking, "Holy crap that's way too big!". He seems like a 'regular' guy though, and kind of reminded me of myself. I would wedge a pizza too big for the oven in there too.

As much as I think that has the ability to be a good pizza oven, if I bought one it would stay in the box until next year. I just can't see me cooking a pizza while standing in the snow. Of course, when spring comes then we get the charcoal ban. Nope just not going to work out.

Well inquiring minds want to know :D Looking forward to your thoughts on it

Wellllll................. a rational thought suddenly occurred to me this morning when I went to open the box: where am I gong to put this?? Like other acquisition issues in my life (I'm looking at you motorcycle and backpacking gear), storage is secondary, when it really should be primary.

My dear school teacher wife has graciously agreed to rearrange some of her storage area in the garage to make a place for the pizza oven. It may take a few days though. I have been reminded to check with her first about these things.

Standby please. :whistle:

As much as I think that has the ability to be a good pizza oven, if I bought one it would stay in the box until next year. I just can't see me cooking a pizza while standing in the snow. Of course, when spring comes then we get the charcoal ban. Nope just not going to work out.

I think with a little bit of work, it might have some potential. I'm honestly not expecting anything earth shattering, but maybe just something fun to use once in a while. I probably won't use it much this winter either. Now if it was gas fired....... :unsure:

Wellllll................. a rational thought suddenly occurred to me this morning when I went to open the box: where am I gong to put this?? Like other acquisition issues in my life (I'm looking at you motorcycle and backpacking gear), storage is secondary, when it really should be primary.

My dear school teacher wife has graciously agreed to rearrange some of her storage area in the garage to make a place for the pizza oven. It may take a few days though. I have been reminded to check with her first about these things.

Standby please. :whistle:
You bring up a valid point. When we downsized, we went from a 2900 sq ft house with a 1000 sq ft walk in storage under the house and a 2 1/2 car deep garage to a 1600 sq ft house with a 2 car garage and brought everything with us. To say we are lacking storage room is a true understatement. We have unloaded a ton of stuff but still there is just no room to store anything. It's to the point in my garage if I want to put something down, I have to pick something up to do that. Just don't need to add to that.

You bring up a valid point. When we downsized, we went from a 2900 sq ft house with a 1000 sq ft walk in storage under the house and a 2 1/2 car deep garage to a 1600 sq ft house with a 2 car garage and brought everything with us. To say we are lacking storage room is a true understatement. We have unloaded a ton of stuff but still there is just no room to store anything. It's to the point in my garage if I want to put something down, I have to pick something up to do that. Just don't need to add to that.
I would like to "upsize" to 1600 sq ft :D

I need a garage the size of my house. Or would love a nice little pole barn, say 30 x 40 or so
Really at this point a utility shed about ten by twelve might just hold most of the grill stuff and some patio furnit ure which would help greatly! That might even be “doable” but, like you, it feels like we’ve been bleeding money. The dishwasher is the last household improvement until something breaks! Come spring, I hope to clear out a whole flower bed behind the garage which is NEVER seen! I might be able to build a shed back there inexpensively, maybe?

Now I've made everyone want one for their collection:

Back