Seeking Side Burner for Genesis 2000

NOS is going to be a tough find on these. I’ve been fortunate enough to pick up a pair of them over the last 18 months and spent nearly $300 in total to do so. Unless you’re a whackadoodle like me who’s obsessed with putting together a private collection of fully-restored pieces that will never be cooked on, NOS just doesn’t make financial sense. As the old saying goes…”it’s only new until you use it the first time”. You’ll be better off finding a used side burner from a donor grill and following the tips / tricks here on the forum to rehab it to suit your wants / needs. As for other 2000 parts, you’ll probably need to be specific in what you’re looking for to get much help in that direction.

Unless you’re a whackadoodle like me who’s obsessed with putting together a private collection of fully-restored pieces that will never be cooked on, NOS just doesn’t make financial sense. As
Yep, that's the kind of whackadoodle I am too. If I make it too nice it's never going to get used again. I am still searching for another NOS control panel or like new one for my next museum piece. The good news for me there is I haven't found one yet so I'm in no hurry to go down that rabbit hole again. I will admit I looked at having control panels restored by companies that do porcelain sign restoration but haven't too seriously because of the financial aspect of it. I can only justify spending so much money on this.

Sorry, I'm not an expert like the other folks on here. I was just poking around on OfferUp for the first time, and I ran across this in my search. The seller says it's NOS, although it needs a really good cleaning. But I don't know if it's Genesis 2000 compatible, or if it is a more recent model. Model # printed on it says 7811.

1686258448403.png

OfferUp link

That one is for a Genesis Silver C. I don't know if it's compatible with your grill or not. I would lean towards no.

That one is for a Genesis Silver C. I don't know if it's compatible with your grill or not. I would lean towards no.
Thanks @Steve Hoch - I did a quick search for Weber 7811, but I couldn't find any information. It's guys like you that can take one look at something like this and know which model it's made for. Thank you.

The control knob gives it away. That is a good question about whether it might possibly fit an older Genesis though.

These are photos from one of my NOS ones that would be the correct side burner for your application. I’ve also provided a link to the installation manual for it. There’s no model number on either of the boxes and I’ve only ever heard of them referred to as a 7810 side burner. Hopefully, this info points you in the right direction.

7810 Side Burner

Attachments

• IMG_2648.png
    IMG_2648.png
    617.8 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_2649.png
    IMG_2649.png
    667.1 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_2650.png
    IMG_2650.png
    687.6 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2651.png
    IMG_2651.png
    463.2 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_2652.png
    IMG_2652.png
    477.3 KB · Views: 12
If I can un-bury my Genesis 3 and my Silver C I can see if they swap over. I recall the supply hose fittings are different.

I have a Silver C side burner that I do not use to much wind here and I would rather have the table space. But do you mean by a NOS unit...

Attachments

• 20230608_160427.jpg
    20230608_160427.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 8
  • 20230608_160454.jpg
    20230608_160454.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 8
Looking for good condition or NOS side burner and other 2000 parts
I have a 7810 that might interest you. Ive cleaned it and possibly never used. Pulled off a grill I had for many years. Let me know if interested. I live in NorCal .
Vic

Attachments

• IMG_9218.jpeg
    IMG_9218.jpeg
    116.1 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_9219.jpeg
    IMG_9219.jpeg
    140 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_9198.jpeg
    IMG_9198.jpeg
    148.5 KB · Views: 12

Back