Searing Torch/Fire Starter

I looked at reviews for quite a few different brands before ordering this one. Reviews were good, price was right, appears to be well built and really puts out some serious fire.

Looked at that one too. Just something about the fat flamed ones with high output appealed to my inner pyro :)

As a gun enthusiast, I got in on the "Grill Gun" Kickstarter Campaign a few years ago, $99 delivered at the time. I use it primarily for my fire pit, but it is also a great conversation piece when friends are over to enjoy some outdoor cooking.

1692753461602.png

A few years ago when the fire starter/searing guns came out (or at least to my attention) they were astronomically priced and way out of the league that I considered a square deal.
They looked really cool but I wasn’t gonna pay the money that they were asking.
I think one was even over $300.

This is what I use.
It ain’t fancy but it works.

Now that they are reasonably priced I wouldn’t be against getting one.
Those look like they would melt cheese better than what I have.
I like using them to melt cheese on a hash brown omelet rather than steaming and soggying up the crunchy hash browns.

Attachments

• 4680E1C9-ABC4-4443-9360-53F1B05BC43F.jpeg
    4680E1C9-ABC4-4443-9360-53F1B05BC43F.jpeg
    112.5 KB · Views: 6
A few years ago when the fire starter/searing guns came out (or at least to my attention) they were astronomically priced and way out of the league that I considered a square deal.
They looked really cool but I wasn’t gonna pay the money that they were asking.
I think one was even over $300.

This is what I use.
It ain’t fancy but it works.

Now that they are reasonably priced I wouldn’t be against getting one.
Those look like they would melt cheese better than what I have.
I like using them to melt cheese on a hash brown omelet rather than steaming and soggying up the crunchy hash browns.
Yep. I couldn't justify the cost of the first ones on the market either. Used a regular old propane torch to light my smoke tube and seared over hot coals. Not always convenient but it worked well. This thing, like several other similar ones, are serious flame throwers. Probably want a real low setting for melting cheese.

I have an old basic propane torch, I mean basic! I think it was $10-12. I use it to light the WSM, I’ve gotten to like the paper towel bacon grease method far more than I had thought I would, it’s really cheap and does the job quickly. Have I looked at the ”Hot Gun” things, heck yes but, I’ve fallen into the cheap so and so category and can’t justify the price for intended purpose when what I have works as well it does.
But, my birthday is Saturday so, along with some lovely goods from SRF you could send me one! Gift wrapping not necessary.
😉🤣🤣

Back