Seafood BBQ video

elmo

TVWBB Fan
I found this video and i am interested to try this but i am wondering if the food will come out with a BBQ taste or not since the food is covered all around with aluminum foil.

Has anybody tried this before and do you think the food will come out tasting different than doing it on a steamer indoor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GH4oF3dMYYw

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by elmo:
...do you think the food will come out tasting different than doing it on a steamer indoor.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Nope, absolutely none. No smoke allowed to reach the product, no smoke flavor.

Actually, this video looked good to me, but as per Howard’s reply, why waste the effort on the grill when you seal the food in foil just to steam it? Does anyone have a better way to do this on the ole WSM??
I don’t know about killing lobsters that slow.

That'd be no different than on the stovetop, IMHO. I'd season things up before cooking too.

And I agree w/ tmfast about slowly killing the lobster like that. Two things you can do: 1) Kill 'em first w/ a sharp knife through the brain, or 2) rub their belly until they fall asleep, then steam them.

That one doesn't make a lot of sense, but I've watched a lot of their videos (boredom I guess), and I think most of their stuff is well done, especially on a performer.

that is what i thought too but was not sure. I kept thinking about how will food taste different if it is all covered.

I use an electric steamer with lobsters and comes out great but they take like 8 mins to die in it.

I think killing them with a knife first is better but i dont have the heart to do it with my own hands while they are alive.

Back