Schnitzel...

Love pork schnitzel! Had some in a little Bavarian town near Coburg some years ago and can still remember how good it was. Your meal brought back some good memories. Yours looks delicious. Well done Daniel!!

I love German food. There I said it. When stationed in Germany I though I'd died and gone to heaven. About 20 yrs ago when SWMBO said she was cooking pork tenderloin for supper I had no idea what she was talking about. Then she showed me I said "Oh Schnitzel!" She had no idea that's what it was. There are numerous styles but Vienna Art (breaded and fried) is my fav ...with a wedge of lemon please.

There is no better way of saying it, so I won't try

Veal may be the original schnitzel, but I've had much more with pork and it is just so good. On the other side I think that anything will taste good when rolled in flour, egg and bread crumbs (do you call that breading in English?) before takes a swim in plenty of butter

Yes Svein, breading or breaded depending on how your using it.

Had it several times on our recent trip to your neck of the woods.....always tasty.....Your's, as the English would say, is lovely, just lovely...................d

It's easy to see you weren't hammered when you made/cooked and photographed the loin schnitzel cook!:p
A+++ for the cook, pics, and commentary!

Back