Saturday night CSR'S

Frank H

TVWBB Gold Member
Well , today was kind of a lost day as Sweetie woke up with a sick headache and I knew we wouldn't be doing any of our usual Saturday night activities :(
so , I dug a package of CSR's out the freezer
100e20e727b863de5e6da48afcb7c5e4_zps4f3131b6.jpg

and after they thawed out a bit , I dusted them with my basic pork rub.
7c30a6cd2b8e92aefe2736fb41f91c6d_zpsdf1fde08.jpg

Invited capt Morgan so I wouldn't feel quite so alone
0de227851f4d843f13d79853396c946d_zpsfee8eba6.jpg

then I fired up the gas grill and got the grill grates nice n hot.....
18f844154d4c8dc508e1fd75206ab819_zpsfac9e671.jpg

After a half hour or so and a few flips , I stuck them with my cheapo meat therm which took a good 15 seconds to tell me the meat was at 160.....(anybody else annoyed that now they have to wait til their birthday for their thermapen just because they spent 400 dollars for a tonneau cover for their new ford F-150 and that wound up being their Father's Day present?....just me?)
i pulled them off the grill and let them have a few minutes to meditate in a casserole.

b03d8912a246bdf8d9dca288fdfc08f3_zps0ee65f40.jpg

494389bcfee53c19087763c44c589abd_zps0f2c5701.jpg

c1ed5b8ead3241c1e1dea6d62acefdeb_zps67c778ca.jpg

did an ear of corn in the microwave for me cuz sweetie really wasn't up to eating much , poor kid.
038ec057b4135bd9efa616736afbd9d4_zps8f8ae732.jpg

i thought these came out nice. Very basic grilling , nothing fancy ....used open pit for the sauce. They were moist and pretty tasty. Sweetie had a few bites and said the meat was good , but her heart wasn't in it. Hopefully she'll feel better tomorrow. Hope you all have a nice weekend.

Thermapen will be a huge difference maker. I got mine for Christmas last year. Use it all the time.

lemme tellya Frank, I got prayers aimin' upstairs for your thermopen to arrive soon and for Sweetie to be feelin' much better REAL soon!
What you cooked looked great from these old eyes,... hope your weekend ends much happier:)

CSRs look good!!!
Like Jim Im praying too... Hopefully you get your thermapen soon.

The CSR's and sides look really good, Frank! Sorry your sweetie was not feeling well. Hope you get that thermapen real soon. You are gonna love it.

Thanks , everybody. Well , my birthday is the 26th , so I know the thermapen is gonna be there. (Cuz I bought it on amazon and told sweetie " I saved you some shopping" );)
.... And she woke up this morning with a clear head so we are going to walden pond in concord to hike around and visit thoreaus little cottage in the woods. Thanks for prayers and encouragement. , people.

For some reason, maybe because they aren't what they call them, I've never tried Country Style. Since those look pretty darn tastey, might have to give them a try. I keep putting off buying a thermapen myself and I didn't even buy a cover for my vechicle.............................d

Frank those CSR's look good! Great drink choice as well! I know the feeling on the sickies...have had my share of that lately!

For some reason, maybe because they aren't what they call them, I've never tried Country Style. Since those look pretty darn tastey, might have to give them a try. I keep putting off buying a thermapen myself and I didn't even buy a cover for my vechicle.............................d

Well, since they're cut from pork butt I figure they're as close as I'm going to find to a pork steak around here....depending on how you cook them they taste a lot like pork chops.
and I like the tonneau cover cuz it cuts down wind drag on the highway , plus it keeps curious eyes(and light fingers) out of the back of the truck.

Back