Saturday is Rib Day!

Rich G

TVWBB Honor Circle
I had the place to myself today, so what did I do? Well, I fired up the grill, of course! :) Nothing fancy, just a three pack of loin back ribs from CostCo, seasoned up with Dizzy Pig Dizzy Dust. I ran the grill at 240F, and the ribs took just a bit over 5 hours (those CostCo loin backs are meaty, so they take longer than "normal" baby backs!) Since I had the pit running with extra space, I notified the neighbors, and had a couple guys come over with ribs of their own. I always figure, if there's room on the pit, it's no extra work for me to offer up the space. I also made up some cornbread (This One from SeriousEats.com) that turned out really good. My wife and girls came back from a quick ski trip, and tucked into our dinner with gusto!

Loaded grill:

1615094530559.jpeg

Some spares getting wrapped to rest:

1615094555787.jpeg

Our platter of porky goodness:

1615094577584.jpeg

....and a tasty cornbread:

1615094596153.jpeg

My plate:

1615094608433.jpeg

Truly a glorious Saturday. Thanks for stopping by!

Rich

Rich, please let me know if there is ever a house for sale on your block, I'm buying it sight unseen!! The ribs look great, and the cornbread looks perfect!
Thanks for sharing!
Tim

Amazing ribs and amazing picture of you smoker with your and your neighbors ribs in there also!!! Curious, what did/will you do with all the extra ribs, from you 3 racks? How will you store them/reheat them?

Amazing ribs and amazing picture of you smoker with your and your neighbors ribs in there also!!! Curious, what did/will you do with all the extra ribs, from you 3 racks? How will you store them/reheat them?
Thanks, Michael. We ate about 1.25 racks last night (the ladies came to the dinner table straight from 4 hours of skiing, and a 3.5 hour drive, so they were hungry!) The remaining ribs got sliced into individual bones, and into the fridge overnight. I'll drop off about 1/2 a rack for my in-laws today, send some back to college with my oldest daughter, and probably eat the rest for lunch. :)

I think I'd better try to find some time to log a few miles on the bike today, too. ;)

R

No smoke 'ring' on those ribs - it goes all the way through! They are gorgeous!
Thanks. A strong smoke ring seems to be one thing that consistently happens on the pellet grill. I have to confess I don't really get why, though it certainly has to do with the fact that the heat source is 100% wood on the pellet pooper rather than briquettes and chunks on the WSM. I'm not complaining, as I like the aesthetics (tastes the same with or without the ring, but looks good.)

R

Back