Saturday brisket for a friend's 40th

Steve P. (Timmee)

TVWBB Member
So, I was asked to cook something for my friend's 40th birthday party, and I went with brisket. I picked the biggest one at the Walmart Supercenter I could find, and went to work (after trimming, it was probably about 9 pounds). Injected with beef broth, coated with yellow mustard, and then seasoned with Weber Steak & Chop, and paprika. It went on the smoker at 4:45 am (temperature was 270-275 for most of the cook), and was wrapped up at 2:45 pm. The final product was pretty good, although I think I'm going to switch back to the rub I used on my first few briskets. Also, I didn't foil this brisket, and I like how it turned out. Anyways, on to the pics.

First pic, already in the smoker for 1/2 hour. The 2 little pieces were eaten with breakfast.
zmWBjU.jpg

Second pic, internal temp is 176 degrees.
q03MCz.jpg

Third pic, probe tender at 203 degrees, and just before I wrapped it up to bring it to the party.
kO5ZB4.jpg

After I sliced the brisket at the party, I turned around for a few seconds. When I turned back around, this is all that was left.
uLX1QT.jpg

Congrats on a great cook. I'll bet you made a few new friends at that party.

One person that showed up to the party is my friend's boss, who was invited only because he had been talking about brisket that he had at a restaurant, and my friend wanted his opinion on how mine stacked up to the restaurant's offering. I got a thumb's up. :)

Awesome cook Steve and 'm sure you made a lot of new friends. Looks to me there were a lot of big fingers after that meat. Hope you got your share.

Back