Sardines like 'em or hate 'em?

Heads up, Costco has Season brand boneless & skinless sardines in olive oil for $3 off per pack of 6 now through Jan. 23. Limit 10. $6,99 with discount at my Costco,
Hard to beat this amount of nutrition for $1.17 per tin.
Guess I'm going to Costco before 01/23/22

I saw those yesterday and was going to post them for you. I wonder how they taste? Since while I WANT to like the little fishies I find the offerings I have tried to be bland and tasteless. (no I don't want ones with peppers and such). Even the smoked ones MEH. Or they're so bony it's like trying to eat a hair brush

No Costco in these parts unfortunately. I did pick up three tins of King Oscar cold water sardines at Walmart however.

Love King Oscar sardines IF the package says "Two Layer." These are the really small ones (like they all were when I was a kid back in the 60's). They cost more but where else should you splurge more important than your food!

The Sicilians have been making a pasta recipe based around sardines for decades. Can't remember the exact name of the recipe but if you search for Sicilian pasta with sardines I'm sure you can find it. Used to make it myself and it was quite tasty.

I became independent at a young age.
Money was tight and canned sardines fed me through tough times.
They are an inexpensive form of healthy food if there ever was one.
They probably would work great as a weight loss supplement.
Healthier and cheaper than a BigMac anyways :).

Back