Salt Lick BBQ sauce

Jack Straw

TVWBB Fan
I thought I would order some Salt Lick BBQ sauce and I see that they make a habanero variety. Anyone out there try it and if so what is your opinion? For that matter how's the regular, I've heard good things.

JS

It's definitely worth a try. That goes for both the habenero and the regular. I like the fact that the sauce does not have any smoke flavoring of its own so that the smoke flavor in the meat comes through. The habenero isn't that much different than the regular, but it has quite a nice kick if you like that kind of thing.

It's a sweet sauce, and it can be overpowering. In fact, it can actually give mediocre meat appear to have some flair. That being said, it's a matter of personal preference and I don't use it as much as I used to as I have moved more towards the sauces I make myself. Let me know what you think. I think it's worth a try just for the fact that it's different from most commercial sauces.

I have had it before as well. Go to Austin quit a bit for work and I have made a couple of trips out to the Salt Lick. The sauce is actually pretty good. Definitely worth a try if you like bbq sauces. When I go to the Salt Lick though, I always order the sauce on the side. Just my preference. If you dont ask for it on the side, they slather it on everything. Which really isn't that bad if you enjoy your bbq that way.

It is a pretty sweet sauce, and it's hands-down my favorite. The regular that is, haven't tried the spicy. I like spicy, just not on my BBQ.

We're fortunate enough to live close enough to Salt Lick that our local grocery store carries their sauce and dry rub.

Thanks for all of the input. I'll try them both and post my opinion. My current favorite is Head Country hot. I also have to try Blues Hog original and the Tennessee Red.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jack Straw:
Thanks for all of the input. I'll try them both and post my opinion. My current favorite is Head Country hot. I also have to try Blues Hog original and the Tennessee Red. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Jack, I'll be waiting for your post on the salt lick sauce. My favorite sauces are the Head Country reg and hot. Blues Hog reg is very good also, goes great in baked beans.
icon_wink.gif
but I'm not a big fan of their Ten red sauce though.

Back