Salmon

Matt Rector

TVWBB Pro
Chinook fishing in the Multnomah Channel. I got skunked, but my buddy landed a 27 pounder he was nice enough to share with me. Thanks Mike!

The Filet.

About 5 hours from river to Grill!

Thirsty work!

EVOO, garlic, sea salt, pepper. on a Cedar plank. A couple NY steaks on my new Grill Grate.

I didn't get a good picture of it, but you can see the strip of belly, above the fillet.
It has to be the best thing I have ever eaten in my life! The richness of it was incredible.

Had the lobster on hand in case the fishing was a bust.

Thanks for looking guys!

Last edited:
I didn't get a good picture of it, but you can see the strip of belly, above the fillet. It has to be the best thing I have ever eaten in my life! The richness of it was incredible.
Everything about that cook looked amazing. That was one massive nice filet!!! Congrats on the catch and cook

Matt;
That's a VERY nice post and a great cook! That plate, as my sister used to say, "Is to die for!":cool:

Lookin' at that fine fish reminds me of fly fishing on the creeks and rivers feeding into the Great Lakes for King Salmon. It was quite a thrill to hook a thirty pound fish on a six pound test leader! It was a bit like hooking a Buick!;) That was my introduction to grilling salmon. I was shown "how to do it" by a registered fishing guide. Good times, for sure!

Now, I do all of my Salmon and Steelhead on a Cedar plank. Hardly gets any better than that.

Thanks for sharing your experience with us!

Keep on smokin',
Dale53:wsm:

That is a good friend to pass along the belly meat to you! My personal favorite on fresh cought salmon.
Great looking cook! Now that the ice is off the Great Lakes, I cant wait to get out.

That is one fantastic plate of food. Awesome cook and everything looks so delicious where do you start!

Back