salmon tournedos...

Wolgast

TVWBB Olympian
Not a big fish eater...I can count on one hand what fishes i eat. Ohh wait how many fish dishes i down a year!

But here is a good one! A really fantastic one!

Here we go:

Salmon filé...Wrapped around: cream cheese/roe/crayfish tails/Dill/chive.

Gus with evoo/lemon/prosciutto/salt

Salt baked taters:

In a pan cus i dont wanna mess around with these on the grate.

On the grill indirect:

Gus done waiting for the rest:

Plated:

Served with a roe sauce..A cold one.

Potatoes tasted like taters on sterioids. AWESOME! Fish out of this world. I would be proud to serve this dish to any of you guys!

Thanks for your time! Have a great weekend!

Last edited:
yeah...I am going to copy that. Fish roe sauce sounds interesting. Any other trick to those potatoes? Do you just bake them on a bed of sea salt?

Ty Chris! Yea taters only baked in coarse salt. This roe sauce only includes Mayo/cream fresh/dill/roe/salt/pepper. Could ofc add chopped onion and so on. Whatever makes you happy :cool:

I'm speechless. Absolutely out of this world. Daniel this looks like one of your all time best cooks and that sets the bar very, very high.

Absolutely fantastic, Daniel! I'm not a big fish eater either, but I would surely like to dig in to this meal.:) Super photos as well!!

Great post.

Great looking take on fish. I've got to try a version of that and especially cook the tat's that way.

Interesting take on the use of "tournedos" as I never heard of anything but a beef, ie., tenderloin, called that...............At first glance, I thought you were stuffing red bell peppers.:cool:...............................d

Last edited:
And I'd be proud and satisfied to eat that plate all up!! Daniel you are the man...great cooks...awesome pictures...all around simply awesome post!!

Nice nice nice!...that's it I quit posting!

I bow to you all! Thanks ppl! :)

Emilie and the kids loved it...And frankly i did aswell. Saltbaked borrowed from Bob Correll,filled Salmon from John Solak. Not really borrowed more stolen...Cus its here to stay!

I guess this post had a wow factor since i dont cook fish...Its like a Lampe Vegan post! :cool:

Thanks again ppl /// The Wolgast family

Back