Salmon Ribeyes Tatoes Water Chestnuts Beans

About a month ago, my wife and I were asked to house/dog sit while they, B-I-L and wife, went on thier dream vacation - 10 day Alaskan Cruise. They love their animals: 8 hunting hounds, 3 yard dog and 2 house dogs! Anyway, one of the presents they gave us for watching over all thier babies was 2 packages of smoked salmon and a poweder mix to make a glaze...we finally cooked one pacakge last night along with rib eyes, sweet tatoes, bacon wrapped water chestnuts and steam grean beans with onion! I knew the salmon was gonna be great the minute it hit the CI pan...smell was incredible...taste was 'over-the-top' fantastic!! Hope you like the pics...threw in a few doggy ones also.

P6160001.jpg

P6160002.jpg

P6160003.jpg

P6160005.jpg

Old Walker hound 'Sleepy' just to the right of the pine tree
hounds1.jpg

Yard dog 'Nugget' in the shade on the front porch
nugget.jpg

House dog 'Sophie'enjoying her favorite thing in the world...ATTENTION
Sophie.jpg

P6160006.jpg

P6160007.jpg

P6160008.jpg

P6160009.jpg

I have no earthy idea how I forgot to take a shot of the steaks grilling...other than beer
P6160010.jpg

P6160011.jpg

Plated pics
P6160016.jpg

P6160017.jpg

Our bellies were full and our taste buds satisfied after this Saturday night meal!

Thanks for looking.

Wayne, what an AWESOME post!
Not only is your grillin' absolutely Fantastic Lookin'!! ..... butt those pooches look GREAT!
My favourites are Nugget and that adorable Sophie! SPECTACULAR!
icon_biggrin.gif

Excellent Photos!
now... what did you cook here...?
icon_wink.gif

Wayne gotta say great cook!! I have never seen anyone cook already smoked salmon but if it worked for ya cool beans!( I think the glaze would have been for fresh salmon baked or on the grill) commercially smoked salmon has a bit of a glaze already!

Nevertheless great cooking!! Question? Do you ever flip your high rise grate Over for searing? I am liking that idea just not sure if the bolts would get in the way?

Thanks!

Originally posted by Morgan C.:
Wayne gotta say great cook!! I have never seen anyone cook already smoked salmon but if it worked for ya cool beans!( I think the glaze would have been for fresh salmon baked or on the grill) commercially smoked salmon has a bit of a glaze already!

Nevertheless great cooking!! Question? Do you ever flip your high rise grate Over for searing? I am liking that idea just not sure if the bolts would get in the way?

Thanks!

Thanks for the compliment! I didn't actually 'cook' the salmon...just knocked the chill off of it from the fridge and I believe you are correct about the a glaze already appllied..it was tacky feeling when I removed it from the pan. That little 5oz package makes enough glaze for 8 to 10 lbs of salmon...the salmon was about 7oz so we made the smallest mixture glaze we could!
icon_wink.gif
It probably wasn't necessary but very tasty to us. That CI raised grate is actually the cooking grate for the side fire box of a Char-Griller smoker...I think it is raised about 2 inches and I cook over 2 of the charcoal baskets for high heat so flipping isn't needed. I see you are from Alaska...I know who to consult before I do salmon again and the other package is labeled "Lookout Stout Smoked Sockeye Salmon"...1/2 pound for $18.82! Any suggestions for the next salmon cook is welcomed!

Thanks for the comeback Wayne! Well you made the fish work and looked pretty tasty! I have never cooked Pre packaged salmon before, do you happen to have a picture of the package?

I like the grate setup! I have a similar cast iron grate and was thinking to do something similar to what you did for a raised deck and then simply flip it for high searing cooks!

Thanks for the idea!!

Ya Wayne that is already smoked as well! If I were you I would thaw that sucker out and serve it with some crackers and cheese! Have a little snack party! If by chance you have left overs I would break apart into small pieces and make a salmon dip ( mayo,onion, pickle and maybe a little dill)... Like to serve mine with some toasted fresh bread! Actually I made some today with the left overs from last nites cook!
[IMG:top]
571de8a8.jpg
[/IMG]
My Pre cook fathers day snack!

If u happen open some fresh stuff let me know and I'll hook ya up!

Back