Salmon on a Sugar Maple Plank

Jerome D.

TVWBB All-Star
Been a while since I last posted anything (very busy with Christmas-related stuff). Anyway, I had a craving for planked salmon. Thanks for stopping by!

The salmon was seasoned with salt & pepper, glazed with maple syrup & dijon mustard, and sprinkled with some Bavarian seasoning...

The soaked sugar maple plank, along with some action shots...

Closeup of the fully cooked fish...

And finally, the plated picture...

Nice dinner Jerome but that cedar plank is way cool!!! This is custom made plank?

Nice dinner Jerome but that cedar plank is way cool!!! This is custom made plank?

Thanks Tony! I wish I had the bragging rights to a custom made plank, but it's actually one of the "Oval Planks" sold by Maine Grilling Woods.

Jerome, those look awesome. Can I get the details of the cook, (temp, time, charcoal setup). I want to do something like that soon.

Jerome - beautiful salmon. Extra points for the twin Hi-beams on your grill and bonus points for drifting snow. :) Great post.

Beautiful Salmon my friend, another amazing meal from your grill. Tell me more if you would about the Bavarian Seasoning. My favorite part of the world and I nothing about it.

"Maine Grilling Woods" Google search just completed, thanks for the tip-that really steps it up a notch over the planks sold in big-box stores.

Jerome, those look awesome. Can I get the details of the cook, (temp, time, charcoal setup). I want to do something like that soon.

The cook was pretty straightforward. Pre-heated the gas grill to 500°F, then pre-heated the soaked plank until it started to smolder. Turned off the center burner for indirect grilling, the placed the salmon filets on the hot plank. Closed the lid and 15 minutes later the fish was done.

Great looking cook and pictures, that plank is very classy and the plated picture looks delicious! I have also googled Main Grilling Wood and the only real problem I have with their site is that they don't have a real grill on their home page, we need to educate them.

Back