Rubs in Canada

Tom D

I'm lookin for a place that sells playboys rubs and other specialty rubs (with dried apple or pecan) and ships to Canada or ships from Canada.

Any I've seen shipped from the States to Canada costs 3-4 x the cost of the rub for shipping. Time to get yourself a well stocked spice cupboard and start having fun.

Like Bob says, "Don't need no d*** store bought rub".

Try "BRITU" found on this site for starters. Tons of other ideas here as well.

Britu's ingredients are very simile to the others. I'm looking for some flare in my rub. Dehydrated apple or pecans. Like plowboys or 3eyez or swamp guys ect

Not sure if you have a Bulk Barn near you but they carry dehydrated apple and you can grind your own pecans in a coffee grinder or chop them. If I want apple I usually just dice up fresh apple and use that along with my rub or rub it with some apple cider and then put my rub. Works great on pork tenderloin and loins.

Tom,

Well Seasoned in Langley has all sorts of rubs, sauces and injections including Plowboys. I do believe they also ship to other parts of Canada but since you're in Vancouver you should check it out

Last edited:
Not sure if you have a Bulk Barn near you but they carry dehydrated apple and you can grind your own pecans in a coffee grinder or chop them. If I want apple I usually just dice up fresh apple and use that along with my rub or rub it with some apple cider and then put my rub. Works great on pork tenderloin and loins.

I'm with Bob, I have a dedicated coffee grinder for herbs, spices and whatever I need, followed by a food processor. We don't have the luxury of the same availability and/or the cost of importing is just too expensive so we need to make our own.

There are lots of sites with rub recipes we can make on our own.

Back