Rubs: Buyin' It...

Ken P.

TVWBB Fan
Hi.

Have read Chris's guidance for this forum and hope this q appropriate; also mouth watering from Kevin's suggestions (every year it's just more & more tips; you're like a master chef now, right...?)

But sometimes you just can't grind the chili's and make the mix. Can list members suggest quality prepared rubs and where to buy...?

(Always looking for a good sauce, too)

Many thanks.

I can't help you with store-bought rubs. But ground chile' powder is fairly easy to come by. You can buy a bag of your favorite chile' ready to use in your rub recipe. If you can't find a local source, internet options are a viable option. I get some local but order the real good stuff from a couple of places in Chimayo,NM.

Experiment with the rubs you find on the shelf at your market. If you find one you kind like then add some of your favorite spices to make it your own.

What do you want the rub for? Larry Wolfe (Wolferub.com) makes some high quality rubs. His bold rub is an excellent brisket rub. I use it a lot.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Wolferub.com </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks; will check wolferub; would be interested in rubs for pork, steak (blackened), fish...

They can be really expensive and not too impressive (a lot of the whole foods all natural rubs) or cheap & good (okies butcher shop in lbi, nj makes a nice pork rub - tho' no inet service) and sometimes I make my own. Just - can be tough to find the time to get it all done (the cookin', spicein', etc.) and be a working dad.

Won't stand, however, for poor eats...!

Thks, again, for ideas (and sorry for the wrong posting place Chris...).

Myself I like Bad Byron's Butt Rub. I use it on pretty much everything pork.

www.buttrub.com

they have a site on there web page to find a local dealer. I actually buy mine from a car wash of all places.

I use McCormick's Grill Mates BBQ Seasoning (27oz) found at my local Smart n Final store.
Great size, decent price and very generous with the brown sugar.

I used to use Durkee 6 pepper blend which was available at sams last year in a large spice bottle. Of course they stopped carrying it this year. I switched to a southwestern chapolte rub that I forget the name brand of. I think they both are great on pork.

I haven't tried either on beef. My first beef rub was wild willies and I haven't even wanted to try anything else. Yet.

Jeff, I agree with you ont he SOuthwest Chipotle.I use it on fatties. Split them open and put some inside .It's great

Back