RS Chicken

Cliff Bartlett

R.I.P. 5/17/2021
Decided to do some Roadside Chicken again. I love this recipe. Thank you TVWBB. Teamed it up last night with some Baby Yukons and Asparagus with chopped garlic. Here goes.

Got some nice thighs from the local butcher.

A wash and a little oil.

Asparagus with a little oil, salt and pepper and lots of chopped garlic.

Chicken on for about 20 - 25 minutes, turning and basting 5 - 6 times.

Little guys took 25 - 30 minutes.

First flip and rotated.

About half way there. Skin browning and crisping up nicely.

Asparagus on, turning a few times.

Done.

Chicken cooked to IT of about 160.

Continued.....

Last edited:

Plated. Nice shot of the remote Cliff. Very nice! Sorry about that. One too many of the Sierra Nevada.

Slice

Well, that wraps up another one! Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
Wow Cliff - that bird looks perfect and the sides look great too. I will be doing some grilled 'gus this weekend myself. I hope it turns out half as good as yours...

Regards,

John

I just finished eating and this is making me hungry all over again. Chicken skin looks very nice, and those little potatoes look delicious. I like the in-process photos too! Thanks for sharing.

Perfect stuff, Cliff! Credit where credit is due, the original Roadside Chicken poster was Bryan S back in 2005 (http://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?33874-Roadside-Chicken), but it's definitely a winner and you nailed it! Cliff, can I ask how you did your potatoes? I know that's an odd question, but I always do my taters on the gasser b/c I don't know how to do 'em on the kettle and I KNOW how to do 'em on my gasser. I'd love to know how you did them on your kettle, if you don't mind sharing that insight. Thanks, Cliff.

I know this is gonna sound strange, but I'm not a huge fan of chicken thighs on their own. I think this is just cause of the way they were prepared for me as a kid. This looks the opposite of what I'm used to. Love the constant basting and crispy skin.

Beautiful chicken Cliff! Wonderful colour!!
We have thighs to grill today also, but sadly, it's marinating in something other than Roadside....

That's great looking RSC and the sides are perfect, Barb and I do RSC a lot never get tired of it.

Fantastic RS Chicken. I have some drums and hopefully so thighs too. Gotta get some Gus, yours looks great!

Back