Royal Oak on sale

Thats pretty cheap. does royal oak (when on sale) usually sell for .24 cents a pound?

WalMart website only shows 'regular' single bags at my store - $7.94 for 16lbs.

OK I am going shopping this weekend and will be looking for this deal. I have never used royal oak briquettes how are they?

They pop and sparkle a lot more than Kingsford. I've been using them for my hot and fast cooks like chicken and also when I cook on the Wok and Griddle. Not sure I would use them for low and slow cooks. For the price it's a great deal.

They pop and sparkle a lot more than Kingsford. I've been using them for my hot and fast cooks like chicken and also when I cook on the Wok and Griddle. Not sure I would use them for low and slow cooks. For the price it's a great deal.
So I could get away with using it in the kettle so that I can save my Weber Charcoal for the WSM?

So I could get away with using it in the kettle so that I can save my Weber Charcoal for the WSM?

I may be.in the minority here, but I bought 4 twin packs of this during last year's Memorial Day Sale and used it all summer long, and came to the following conclusions.

For HH grilling it's not as good as KBB. I found that it didn't burn as hot as KBB and it burned down faster as well. Not a big issue if you're cooking things that don't take much time (burgers, etc.) but if you're doing a rotisserie chicken....

I wanted to like it for HH grilling, I really did. But after using up the 3rd twin pack, I couldn't wait to go back to KBB.

I do like it for low and slow in the WSM. It works just fine and it puts out a nice aroma too. That's all I use it for.

Hope this helps

Back