Roto Birds

Greg in Utah

TVWBB Pro
I've said it before, IMHO the rotisserie is the best accessory for a Weber kettle. Roto birds are juicier than spatchcocked or beer canned.

DSC_0005.jpg

The birds were brined, stuffed with garlic cloves and lime halves, rubbed and spun.
DSC_0002.jpg

Once the birds were resting the cooking grate went over the coals and the asparagus went on.

DSC_0008.jpg

It was hard to not eat more than a half chicken.

VeryNice greg!
Your Posts Are ALL Exceptional!

i have a spatchcock bird going on in a few minutes WITH asparagus AND I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN...
<span class="ev_code_BLUE">"It was hard to not eat more than a half chicken."</span>

Just got a rotisserie for my webers a couple of months ago. Best add-on for grilling I can advise-get one and you will never look back.
guy

I don't have a rotisserie and not sure I'd use it enough to justify getting one...but I may have to rethink that. Those chickens look incredible. Great job!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JimH:
Greg, did you bank the fire to one side? I have a roti and I haven't tried it yet. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jim,
I used 2 charcoal baskets, shoved to the sides with a foil covered drip pan in the middle.

I've also just piled the coals on one side of the kettle with good results.

All, I'd definitely encourage snagging a rotisserie or using one if you've got one & thanks again
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Back