Rotisserie questions

Link is broken ☹️

Apparently the link 'sort of' pointed to Ed Anshien's post of Nov 18th in Barbecuing & Grilling Discussion > Photo Galley > Breaking in the new Aura Kettle Zone Cooking System, Post # 20.
I wonder if just the thread was the intended link and not a specific posting....

Last edited:
Non spiral, bone in, they can be a little tricky to get balanced but, just spit them, and glaze as it turns! If I was doing a real(non spiral) ham, I’d be doing that for Christmas!
Butt portion ham spun on the BGE is the plan for us this year, if it's not too big...otherwise, we'll spin in on the gasser or maybe the kettle. Like Tim says, having the bone in means the ham sits kind of diagonally to get it balanced and with the addition of the forks it might be too long for an 18" kamado with a Joetisserie.

Butt portion ham spun on the BGE is the plan for us this year, if it's not too big...otherwise, we'll spin in on the gasser or maybe the kettle. Like Tim says, having the bone in means the ham sits kind of diagonally to get it balanced and with the addition of the forks it might be too long for an 18" kamado with a Joetisserie.
Doing this as we speak...JD Chunx/BGE/Joetisserie/Heatermeter is a combo made in lazy man's heaven. Perfect grilling temp here in SoCal...74F on a windless day. Life is good once again.

For the data driven: the HM has a servo that closes off the lower vent so that at equilibrium, when the fan is no longer needed, temps can be controlled by opening/closing the lower vent alone. The vent opening is represented by the silver/light blue and the fan speed is represented by the darker blue. The greyish color is the lid open, a delay that pauses the PID temp control to allow time for the system to stabilize after opening the lid. Utter electronic nonsense for some, cool beans for others.

As always, props to @Bryan Mayland !

1672099761638.png

Last edited:

Back