Rotisserie Pork Loin - potatoes in drip pan?

I actually find trussing kind of therapeutic. Timothy's setup is sweet.
Thank you! I have found that I find it very relaxing as well! I try to keep my “loops” all consistent and I’m getting “better” with that but, on a long run? Sometimes I get bollocksed up and get a couple turned backwards. The twine from overhead keeps a lot of obstruction and possible contamination headaches out of the way too. I put the “pass through” in when the kitchen remodel started (3 years ago) and I’ve enjoyed the convenience of having it quickly accessible. I’m not always as neat as I’d like but, getting better every time. It’s always about practice. Learning to make to simple loop isn’t the least bit “Simple” until you learn the secret.
I’m sorry folks, I can’t make the movie but, I use a variant of the “Mario Batali“ method…when I get the loops right! I think the best round is doing pork loins and trying to get them mostly cylindrical. Trussing fowl? I use a combination of Jacques Pépin and Graham Kerr. But not very closely. It’s all about technique, learn what works for you.
So, here endeth the lesson. However, personal tutorials may be available depending on weather, quality of beverage and, location. 😁

Rather than start a new thread, I thought I'd just add onto this one since it is other half of the pork loin that I bought at Costco a few months ago. I decided to do a wet brine overnight (water, kosher salt, brown sugar, garlic, and splash of ACV). Going with potatoes in the drip pan again, although I put them on about 15 minutes before the pork to give them a head start.

1692826165974.png

1692826192475.png

With the 100 degree weather, my grill is running a little over 400 today. Everything should be ready in the next 30-45 minutes. Ran into a small issue - when I turned on the 2nd burner, my propane tank or regulator started humming. Obviously, this was a little worrisome, so I disconnected and reconnected, but it kept happening. Finally, I put on a different tank and it was fine. After a quick google search, it seems like this can happen when it is really hot outside, so nothing to worry about. We'll see.

I'll post the finished results later.

Yeah the humming is caused by the rapid cooling of the expanding gas and a little frost it forms.

Steve, this looks freaking incredible. I like the east-west flavorizers....

I've never done it on my gasser but have done one on the Performer.

Great cook!

Back