Rotisserie Newbie

To those that own a Battery Operated Rotisserie Motor; do you remove the batteries between each cook? I plan to go the Battery Rotisserie route around every two(2) weeks.

I don’t own one but, I don’t know that I’d bother unless it’s going to freeze. Doubtful, regarding your latitude. If it’s being used twice monthly, you will most likely run them out before you might have corrosion issues but, there is the salt air might be another issue, I just don’t really know.

You should be fine. My guess is they won't last long enough to worry about them anyway unless you don't use your roto for 3-4 months at a time.

Batteries can get expensive, especially the large ones. Do you intend to buy the battery eliminator (power supply) at some point? It's either that, or keep a supply of batteries on hand, because eventually the batteries will need replacing, hopefully not in the middle of a cook.

But to answer your question, I would take them out when not in use at first. It's not that much effort, and at some point you will get a sense of how long batteries last and be better able to judge when to remove and replace.

The batteries are not extremely costly, the corrosion when they die is where the trouble comes in. The crud gets layered on the contacts and then, the stuff cracks off and can get down in the mechanics. Just make sure if you try cleaning the contacts, clean so the flakes or scuzz falls OUT of the battery chamber.
Hey, it’s a watchmaker thing, what can I say? I worked with a very fastidious German watchmaker for several years.

The batteries are not extremely costly, the corrosion when they die is where the trouble comes in. The crud gets layered on the contacts and then, the stuff cracks off and can get down in the mechanics. Just make sure if you try cleaning the contacts, clean so the flakes or scuzz falls OUT of the battery chamber.
Hey, it’s a watchmaker thing, what can I say? I worked with a very fastidious German watchmaker for several years.
I would do a double or treble "Like" on this post if I could. It used to be (or so it seems to me) that only the cheap batteries leak, but I have come to the conclusion that they all leak, even the "good" ones. I take the batteries out of anything I care about (but never a flashlight...you never know when you are going to need one).

Many of us feel this same way, and know exactly what you are talking about here.

Back