Rotisserie Chicken with Cherry

Gary, looks great! Can only imagine how it tasted. Was it hard to keep the grill at 400? Also, is that a CB Roti? I need one now.

Gary, looks great! Can only imagine how it tasted. Was it hard to keep the grill at 400? Also, is that a CB Roti? I need one now.
Hi Neil. This ring is one I had made up before CB offered a ring for the 26. Having had a rotsserie on every other BBQ I could not be without one once I built the kettle. I think the CB ring is a great deal for the money. Theirs is 18 gauge stainless. Mine is 16 ga. but no matter, I would buy it in a heart beat. My costs were slightly higher but at the time there was nothing available so I had to go custom.
As for the temps, it was easy. One heap of banked charcoal, on one side and you should be good to go. The cook took an hour and 15 minutes. No need to add fuel.

Hi Neil. This ring is one I had made up before CB offered a ring for the 26. Having had a rotsserie on every other BBQ I could not be without one once I built the kettle. I think the CB ring is a great deal for the money. Theirs is 18 gauge stainless. Mine is 16 ga. but no matter, I would buy it in a heart beat. My costs were slightly higher but at the time there was nothing available so I had to go custom.
As for the temps, it was easy. One heap of banked charcoal, on one side and you should be good to go. The cook took an hour and 15 minutes. No need to add fuel.
Thanks for the info. Gary. Great post!!

You just can't beat a rotisserie for chicken and any meat. I called Weber to see if they would make a 18.5 ring for my smoker.They said they might be looking into it. Right now I use my gasser. Bets duck I ever had was on a rotisserie,with cherry wood.
Chuck.
ps: Make sure you poke a lot of holes in the duck before you cook it.

I see! Very nice looking birds! I've only done two chickens so far both were directly over the coals. Turned out great.

Back