Rotisserie Chicken w/veggies on the Genesis

Jeff J

TVWBB Member
I had planned these two rotisserie cooks in advance, as I didn't know if I would have all my WSM mod's completed before today. I did get them all done yesterday, so back to the smoker this weekend. But for tonight, we had Rotisserie Chicken with Asparagus covered in cheese sauce, biscuits and Corn on the Cob. Chicken was 4 lbs. and cooked for 2 hours even at 375. Corn was on for the last 25 minutes, and Asparagus for 15. Everything was great and there were no leftovers at all.

Tonight's bird...

IMAG0609.jpg

Dressed up with some homemade seasoning I call Down Under...

IMAG0611.jpg

The grill setup. Indirect using front and back burners on Med/High. This is an excellent rotisserie setup, I wish Weber still made them with side control knobs instead of the front. I left 2 of my GrillGrates in for the veggies later in the cook, and Jack Daniels wood chips in the smoker box.

IMAG0616.jpg

Bird is all dressed and trussed and ready for the dance...

IMAG0620.jpg

1 3/4 hours in, add some Corn to the grates.

IMAG0622.jpg

Bird came unglued a little on the bottom truss, but was still turning okay so I let her finish out breakdancing instead of waltzing gracefully...

IMAG0623.jpg

Asparagus added to the grates a few minutes before the bird came out of the dance to rest...

IMAG0625.jpg

10 minutes later, the bird is ready to leave the heat...

IMAG0626.jpg

My wife was so anxious due to the fantastic smell invading our kitchen, she started carving before I could get a photo. But here is the finished product...

IMAG0631.jpg

IMAG0633.jpg

Everything was awesome, and nary a crumb was left on the table tonight. Made me feel really special that everything was eaten by 2 fickle kids who usually gripe about something. But 15 minutes later, it was all gone. It was a great Wednesday here in Ohio...

Break Dancing! LMFAO. Excellent Jeff, I see another Grill Grate Aficionado. Well done.

They were expensive, but those GrillGrates were the best money I ever spent for a BBQ/Grilling accessory. I say that now, but I am preparing to use my IQue 110 for the first time this weekend, so that may change...;)

Thanks to all for the kind words!

Back