Rotisserie chicken and cheesy potatoes

Russell McNeely

TVWBB Wizard
Both of these are firsts for me. I've had the Weber rotisserie in my garage for a while now but tonight was my first time to use it. I bought two 5 lb. "all natural" chickens and brined them overnight in a simple solution of water, salt, and sugar. Cooked them on the rotis over a 50/50 mixture of Blue K and Ozark Oak lump (thanks Bob Correll :).) The birds were basted with melted butter once they started spinning. Once the poultry was cooking, we put together the cheesy potatoes (have seen Mr. Coffman and Mr. Lampe do these). I may not have done them exactly like the others.

Potatoes slices, onions, mozzerella cheese, and chedder cheese were layered in a buttered baking dish, covered with foil, and placed in a 400 degree oven.

The foil was removed after a while to let the cheese brown.

Birds are getting done

And, here's your plate......

The cheesy potatoes were "outta this world" good. And the chicken?.....OMG! By far the best whole chicken I've cooked to date. Plan on doing these again and again.

Hope you enjoyed yur Saturday! Thanks for looking!

All looks great, but those potatoes look perfect. Looks like you made enough to share.....I take deliveries!

You nailed it all Russ!
Beautiful birds, spuds, and photos!

I like to mix briqs and lump too.
From what I've read, Hasty Bake lump charcoal is made by Ozark Oak.

Beautiful Birds Russell! Doin' the same today...
however, i do not remember ever making cheesy potatoes....:rolleyes: butt i think it's time i DO!
TERRIFIC COOK!!

Fantastic looking chicken and potatoes!!! I love my rotisserie and now I'm gonna have to try making cheesy potatoes!!

Back