Rotisserie advice needed

Gregory Pinch

TVWBB Member
Hello,
I have a Genesis II LX E-240. (this is a 2 burner)

The Weber rotisserie specified is the 7652.
The reviews of this rotisserie are pretty mixed.

I would like your opinions on the Weber 7652 versus the OneGrill rotisserie.

Last edited:
Honestly I would not bother with either one. Spinning does not work well on any of the newer generation grills. But, it's your $$$$.
I was worried about that, as there looks to be not enough space between the rotisserie and the flavorizers.
I just measured the distance and it's 4 inches, so you really can't do anything larger than about a 7" bird, which is small.
Thanks for the feedback. I don't think I will bother with the rotisserie.

Last edited:
I was worried about that, as there looks to be not enough space between the rotisserie and the flavorizers.
I just measured the distance and it's 4 inches, so you really can't do anything larger than about a 7" bird, which is small.
Thanks for the feedback. I don't think I will bother with the rotisserie.
It's not the space, it's the burner orientation that kills rotisserie cooking on any Genesis since 2011

I haven't really paid attention to my LX S240, so I went out and just looked at mine. You are right, there is very little clearance for a rotisserie on those grills. Even though they have the grooves in the cook box for a roto, I have to think that compatibility with a rotisserie was very low on the list when coming up with the design for the grill.

I haven't really paid attention to my LX S240, so I went out and just looked at mine. You are right, there is very little clearance for a rotisserie on those grills. Even though they have the grooves in the cook box for a roto, I have to think that compatibility with a rotisserie was very low on the list when coming up with the design for the grill.
I agree. It's not ideal.

Honestly I would not bother with either one. Spinning does not work well on any of the newer generation grills. But, it's your $$$$.
Larry - I wish you would stop saying this as it is completely not true. I got great results with the same 2 burner Genesis. It seams I have to post this picture every time you say this. This was with an aftermarket rotisserie and since it was mounted vertically I had to keep the left shelf folded, but I believe the stock one has the motor sideways with more clearance so the shelf can stay up. Other than that minor inconvenience the chicken came out great. 20201021_175340.jpg

Larry - I wish you would stop saying this as it is completely not true. I got great results with the same 2 burner Genesis. It seams I have to post this picture every time you say this. This was with an aftermarket rotisserie and since it was mounted vertically I had to keep the left shelf folded, but I believe the stock one has the motor sideways with more clearance so the shelf can stay up. Other than that minor inconvenience the chicken came out great. View attachment 102426
Simply reporting how my Summit performed compared to my Genesis. It was no contest. Glad you liked it. I was totally displeased and was the ONLY reason I kept the Genesis. I had to back out of a sale because the rotisserie performance was so bad. I have perhaps a different set of parameters than you on what I call "quality" rotisserie.
The beauty of the ORIGINAL Genesis was you could spin the food over INDIRECT heat, literally surrounding it with an "even wall" of heat and no exposure to direct fire. I could not do that on the Summit. Yes I could do what you are showing but IMO it totally defeats the purpose of what rotisserie cooking should be. That is just grilling on a spinning stick. Yeah, it works. But, it's not what I look for when spinning food

Back