Rotisserie advice needed

Simply reporting how my Summit performed compared to my Genesis. It was no contest. Glad you liked it. I was totally displeased and was the ONLY reason I kept the Genesis. I had to back out of a sale because the rotisserie performance was so bad. I have perhaps a different set of parameters than you on what I call "quality" rotisserie.
The beauty of the ORIGINAL Genesis was you could spin the food over INDIRECT heat, literally surrounding it with an "even wall" of heat and no exposure to direct fire. I could not do that on the Summit. Yes I could do what you are showing but IMO it totally defeats the purpose of what rotisserie cooking should be. That is just grilling on a spinning stick. Yeah, it works. But, it's not what I look for when spinning food
Your summit was much larger with a lot of different burner settings. This little 2 burner got nice and hot with even heat through the small cookbox and did a rotisserie great. On this chicken I was cooking it hot at about 450-500° to get the skin nice and crispy and had to eventually back the burners down as you can see they are on low to finish up the cook because the skin was as dark as I liked. I think I was contributing to the "Crispy Skin" Thread we had going on at the time. You saying "Spinning does not work well on any of the newer generation grills" is just wrong. Maybe in your experience this is true but I have got great results on lots of newer grills. My Napoleon can spin with the best of them. Maybe it is easier to dial in the older side burners but you can still get great results with N/S burner grills just by keeping the burners under the chicken on and maintaining a nice 450-475° heat throughout the cook.

I think it is just a matter of making due with equipment that you have and making that equipment do it the best way possible.

When we want to do a Brisket and don't have a WSM, a Pellet Grill or some other style of grill typically used to do a brisket, we make due and slap it on the Genesis and add a smoker box. A lot of purists would tell me I need coal or pellets to do a rack of ribs the right way. However, I don't have a coal burner or pellet grill and don't really want one. Call me lazy or stubborn, but I don't find myself getting disappointed after eating rack of ribs off my gas grill.

Weirdly you have a different part number 7652 to us in the UK 7654 https://www.weber.com/GB/en/accessories/tools-and-cookware/7654.html but are the same rotisserie from what I can see

I own this rotisserie (along with Crafted Rotisserie Basket and Crafted Skewer Set for it)

Had it for a couple of years and has served me well on my Genesis 335s, good fit (although the motor the spit sits, in could sit a little more flush)

Wings on the crsiping basket

img_1935a-jpg.89154

img_1936a-jpg.89156

I tend now to remove the Genesis grates & put a lodge cast iron casserole dish with some water in, I have, sitting on the flavouriser bars underneath the food I'm cooking. Purely for clean up reasons, as cleaning up afterwards can be a messy business and this keeps the grease mess down

Back