Rogue River Blue

Thank you, there is a Whole Foods right down the street from us.

They also have pears on sale this week.

Last edited:
Our youngest brought some down on her Christmas visit 8 or 10 years ago. Great stuff, but out of my price range. IIRC, it was ~$30/lb. at the time. Looks like it's gone up a lot since then!

Our youngest brought some down on her Christmas visit 8 or 10 years ago. Great stuff, but out of my price range. IIRC, it was ~$30/lb. at the time. Looks like it's gone up a lot since then!
I’m sure winning the World Cheese Championship has a lot to do with it.

A7239ECF-0BA5-4D34-9810-BC58E2F46C08.jpeg

I’m struggling to not write this. It’s blue cheese, yes? If so, I think of blue cheese like cilantro, you either like it, or it tastes like poison. I’m of the latter group for blue cheese, unfortunately, but its Interesting to see how many folks love this stuff. If I’m off the mark here, I‘ll gladly remove this post.
You're not alone — personally, I like it, but my wife can't stand it. She doesn't even like the smell.

No doubt. For ~1/2th the price, give me a good Stilton. Not that different.
We have a 81,000 square foot Harris Teeter 2 miles from our house and they have an excellent selection of cheeses. I like Stilton and all of the blue cheeses. I like all of the other soft cheeses, too.
The Rogue River Blue is pricey but I enjoy it.

I’m fond of bleu cheese but, it took me many years to realize just how good it is, especially with fruit! My mother was very much a Maytag bleu cheese fan with Harry and David pears! The first time I had the combination, I was sold! No Whole Foods here but, I’ll see what I can find next time I’m around one!!

I like bleu cheese but to a point. If it's really strong I don't like it. I don't know how you could tell if it went bad.

I’m struggling to not write this. It’s blue cheese, yes? If so, I think of blue cheese like cilantro, you either like it, or it tastes like poison. I’m of the latter group for blue cheese, unfortunately, but its Interesting to see how many folks love this stuff. If I’m off the mark here, I‘ll gladly remove this post.
Not a bad idea lol

I don't know about other people here, but when I post about something I like, I really do not think that that is the place for people to say bad things about what I said I like. Just MHO!

Back