Rocker switch

SeanWinter

TVWBB Member
Hey fellas, long time since I posted on here.... I just picked up this grill for free! Couple things I’m looking for and having a little trouble. First is the rocker switch for the side burner, second is the front panel that has rust on it in the picture. I’ll get better picks when I get home. 0199FF95-9487-4F15-A366-346F3BFCCD9E.jpeg

Great find! Congratulations on getting an awesome grill. I don’t have those parts but hope others on here do. Enjoy it!

Nice find. A blue head Genesis 3??
You seem to be missing the left hand swing table as well.

I’ve got a box of parts that included the side table, I just need to sort it all out and see what’s missing. You guys are awesome btw for keeping all these cool old grills alive!

Nice find. A blue head Genesis 3??
You seem to be missing the left hand swing table as well.
I would agree. Genesis 3 LP. I’ve been working on restoring one. This is when I brought it home.

8E804741-5741-41B2-911C-E72A00CE7677.jpeg

Bruce would know better than me but I would imagine that rocker switch is the same as a number of other models.

Not sure why you have that 4730927 outlined (I have the same number on an earlier grill and I think it may be the p/n of the certificate itself), but I think yours may be earlier than 1995 because (1) the propane level indicator arm is on the right side of the cart leg, not the left, and (2) yours does not have casters, which were reserved for the higher end models in the early days.

Attachments

• Tank Support.png
    Tank Support.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 5
Some thing is wrong there. The Genesis 1-5 gave way to the Genesis 1000-5000 well before 1995. The only thing I can think of is the grill you looked up on Weber.com was purchased (registered) several years after it was built.

Besides, after 1993, weber went to the "AUTHORIZED" date coding system.

Yes, those igniter switches were used on the Genesis 1000 grills and most of the Silver B grills. Very common.

Also, if you look underneath the cookbox in the front, there is a casting date that will give you a clue.

Attachments

• Cookbox Bottom Casting Date.png
    Cookbox Bottom Casting Date.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 4
The 1988 is just the date for the certification code. That could be any year prior to the actual manufacture date, but probably not by a whole lot. I would guess late 1988 to about 1992.

Not sure why you have that 4730927 outlined (I have the same number on an earlier grill and I think it may be the p/n of the certificate itself), but I think yours may be earlier than 1995 because (1) the propane level indicator arm is on the right side of the cart leg, not the left, and (2) yours does not have casters, which were reserved for the higher end models in the early days.
Thanks Ed. It was highlighted because I sent that picture to Weber to find out what it was. The customer service rep I got through to had no idea.

I'd say definitely a 3000, from pictures I've seen here the OG Genesis do not have that rocker switch bracket framing the switch on the panels.

As Bruce said they changed to the “AUTHORIZED” date code system in 1994 but up until then they used the same date letters as the kettles if I am not mistaken. Correct me if I am wrong.
506155BD-2BD8-40B6-8797-6303437A0678.jpeg

That could be, but in 1993 they used even a different SN system. My Genesis 1000 starts with KL1. The K is for USA, the L is for LP, and the 1 is for 1000.

I did some more looking Bruce and I am sure you are right. The article I read seems wrong as there is another one I found that says there was no date codes on the early Genesis grills and I am sure Chris would have verified it was correct.

Yah, anything before 1993 gets really murky if there is even a way to get a date out of the serial number at all.

Back