Roasted Lamb, new version for me

Bill Schultz

TVWBB Hall of Fame
Got a wild idea for a recipe to try, make a paste of ingredients and let it sit in the fridge and marinate. Came out superb according to the CEO.

Grass fed Leg of Lamb, lots of garlic, our own fresh Rosemary and Sage, EVOO, Pink Salt and fresh ground, zest of one lemon, into the food processor with half a stick of warm butter drizzled in.

DSC00993_zps66wivivr.jpg

DSC00994_zpsjdhdt3ej.jpg

DSC00996_zpszd3xmvfq.jpg

Rubbed into every crevice and cavity and all around

DSC00999_zpsgrfxo5zi.jpg

Sweet Potato, Russets, Onion and Carrot chops rough and dressed with EVOO S&P and the left over marinade

DSC01002_zpsjjvksi5x.jpg

On the Genny indirect @ 400 on the dial

DSC01003_zpse2maslj7.jpg

Gave the CEO the pan drippings and told her to do that Voodoo

DSC01005_zpsjpgm5n3r.jpg

This is how I like my Lamb

DSC01006_zpseeiuabey.jpg

Your plate, enjoy.

DSC01007_zpsiyqjmblw.jpg

Well Bill, I see you solved the problem with your camera. Just in time for this fantastic cook. It's been too long since I've done some lamb. Everything looks fantastic.

That looks delicious. I haven't done lamb in a long time, and I definitely need to change that after this post.

Bill. Great to see more lamb on the menu. Very under-used imo. Great looking dish, & that lamb is cooked to perfection! Rosemary & sage are classic herbs with lamb!

At the end of February, early March, will be lambing season here. So by early June there will be plenty of local spring lamb for the grill.

Edit: Bill. Not wishing to steal your thunder mate, but may I suggest a wee teaspoon of mint-sauce on the side. (It's a sin to eat lamb without mint-sauce in UK). I don't know if you have had lamb with mint-sauce, but it really is the cherry-on-top!
:)

Last edited:
That's a great looking meal! That paste seems like a spot on compliment for lamb...or any meat really.

Bill. Great to see more lamb on the menu. Very under-used imo. Great looking dish, & that lamb is cooked to perfection! Rosemary & sage are classic herbs with lamb!

At the end of February, early March, will be lambing season here. So by early June there will be plenty of local spring lamb for the grill.

Edit: Bill. Not wishing to steal your thunder mate, but may I suggest a wee teaspoon of mint-sauce on the side. (It's a sin to eat lamb without mint-sauce in UK). I don't know if you have had lamb with mint-sauce, but it really is the cherry-on-top!
:)

I use the traditional Mint often but not with this combo and gravy on the plate my friend. I'll make one up soon just for you though :)

Back