Roasted Chicken

Don Cash

TVWBB Gold Member
Crazy week...Had nothing planned for tonight's diner. Leigh-Ann picked up a small chicken from Whole Foods on the way home, figuring we could do something with it. Here's it is...

Rubbed with William Sonoma's "Ultimate Roast Chicken Rub". My highly evolved cocktail palate craved Sun Drop & vodka.

IMG_0214.jpg

On, indirect. Flipping/rotating every 15 minutes.

IMG_0215.jpg

An hour later the chicken was done and the chili, garlic oil soaked bread toasting up.

IMG_0217.jpg

Chicken resting while the bread finishes up.

IMG_0219.jpg

Bread done, chicken separated into white and dark...

IMG_0221.jpg

Plated with a salad dressed with store bought chipotle, ranch dressing.

IMG_0223.jpg

After dinner am impromptu fire on the patio.

IMG_0224.jpg

IMG_0225.jpg

What a perfect night! Sometimes we get all involved with homemade rubs/sauces/marinades/etc., trying new techniques, trying to impress guests, and such that we forget to just relax and make good food, even if someone else did all the heavy lifting. One of the most relaxing (and delicious) cooks of the year, spent only with my two girls.

Awesome!

Looks great Don! I had to Google Sun Drop as they don't sell it 3 hours North of you. That doesn't sound like a bad drink at all. In fact, if you like that I highly recommend Squirt and gin. We drink them at Christmas time because the grapefruit and juniper combine to smell just like a Christmas tree.

Beautiful. Did you remove both the breastbone and the backbone? I haven't gotten the hang o fthat yet, I've mutilated a couple of burds along the learning curve...I'm impressed you got such nice-looking skin without cooking direct at all.

What a perfect night! Sometimes we get all involved with homemade rubs/sauces/marinades/etc., trying new techniques, trying to impress guests, and such that we forget to just relax and make good food, even if someone else did all the heavy lifting. One of the most relaxing (and delicious) cooks of the year, spent only with my two girls.

Awesome![/QUOTE]

Most definitely agree with you here Don! Excellent cook, photos and family!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Sometimes we get all involved with homemade rubs/sauces/marinades/etc., trying new techniques, trying to impress guests, and such that we forget to just relax and make good food, even if someone else did all the heavy lifting. One of the most relaxing (and delicious) cooks of the year, spent only with my two girls.

Awesome! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well said Don, and a great meal as usual!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">What a perfect night! Sometimes we get all involved with homemade rubs/sauces/marinades/etc., trying new techniques, trying to impress guests, and such that we forget to just relax and make good food, even if someone else did all the heavy lifting. One of the most relaxing (and delicious) cooks of the year, spent only with my two girls. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I think you've discovered the meaning of life.
icon_smile.gif
One of the best things about being able to cook is that you can spend some quality time with friends and loved ones while sharing good food.

Great looking meal Don. I agree with your statement. I made one rack of pork ribs yesterday along with some simple sides, dad came over and the four of us ate and had a great time.

Great looking meal!! One of the great things about cooking chicken is that you put in on the grill and forget about for an hour, check it, pull it off the grill and eat.

Beautiful Bird Don!
I prefer to drink right out of the pitcher!
icon_biggrin.gif

You did make a pitcher of "Drop & vodka"...?!

Back