Roasted a bird today

Colin

TVWBB All-Star
On the new KJ.
Mama wanted comfort food so chicken and noodles over mashed potatoes it was.

A nice six pounder seasoned with Susie Q's Santa Maria seasoning.
View attachment 55667

Roasted at 350* for 1:45, pulled off the grill at 160* and tented with foil for 30 min.

View attachment 55673

Nice color and fairly crispy skin. It turned out delicious!

it's nice to see a green backyard. we just don't have that here right now. beautiful cook. what temp did you roast it at on the Joe?
I roasted it at 350* for 1:45 mins. No smoke wood. Very juicy.

It's been hot here in KC. Mid to upper nineties and 100* forecast for Saturday. With the humidity the heat index is much higher. I get my watering done early in the morning and so far have been able to keep things alive.

I roasted it at 350* for 1:45 mins. No smoke wood. Very juicy.

It's been hot here in KC. Mid to upper nineties and 100* forecast for Saturday. With the humidity the heat index is much higher. I get my watering done early in the morning and so far have been able to keep things alive.
dry brined in advance? i'm going to replicate what you did here. TY for the info.

No dry brine this time. Just rinsed well and patted dry and a little trimming was all I did. Coated with EVOO and applied the Susie Q's seasoning.
If you are going for crispier skin, bump the temp up closer to 400*.
Thanks for asking Brett and thanks for the like.

That looks good! I latched-on to Susie Q's two years ago and I'm still a huge fan. I'm assuming I first saw it somewhere on this site. My Son adds it to a variety of his cooks, including eggs.

That looks good! I latched-on to Susie Q's two years ago and I'm still a huge fan. I'm assuming I first saw it somewhere on this site. My Son adds it to a variety of his cooks, including eggs.
Yep, that Susie Q's is good stuff! I like it on beef and poultry. I use a different rub for pork.

Oh, and thanks for the like B.

Randy, the past couple years Kamado Joe has been applying fiberglass mesh gaskets. My classic has the old felt gasket. Nice job on the chicken Colin looks great.

Back