Roadside Ribeye

Brandon N.

TVWBB Fan
Had some leftover marinade from Roadside Chicken and thought what the heck, why not use it on a couple ribeyes. Put some marinade on while they were resting at room temp. Rubbed with black pepper and flipped every minute or two with a few shakes of the marinade. Love the Roadside flavor
icon_cool.gif

003-9.jpg

005-8.jpg

011-8.jpg

Careful now or you will start a frenzy. Before you know it there will be Roadside Ribeye stands popping up all over the country!

Brandon, I just "hijacked" the flamin roadside ribeye photo for the background on my computer...if I was a little closer to East Moline, I'd try to hijack the ribeyes as well!!!
icon_razz.gif

Brandon my friend - I can't believe you would actually ruin a couple good Ribeye's by soaking them in Ol' "Roadside" Marinade. Errrrr - If you might be considering a place to throw them away you might think about sending them on to the Washington coast and I'll figure out a way to dispose of them for you. lol. I thought they looked good in the first two pictures, but wow, was blown away by the way they looked when you had them cut in the third picture. Verrrry nice job my friend. Thanks for the sharing the idea. Bob B

Wow, that is a dandy looking steak! I haven't had Roadside in a couple of months, and that needs to change. Great looking steak, and with a little more notice, I could have brought the beer!

Thanks everyone for their kind words. Steaks have been taken to a new level since trying the reverse sear.

Bob H,
I wouldn't mind pullin' over roadside to get a ribeye. You could use the bone as a handle to eat on-the-go
icon_biggrin.gif

Bob B,
You will definitely be my steak disposal service going forward, thanks for the comments
icon_smile.gif

Mike R,
Beef for beer? Sounds like a fair trade to me
icon_biggrin.gif
As long as its not Steel Reserve, Olympia Ice...or any Miller product
icon_biggrin.gif

Ouch! No Miller!?!?! I'm a born and bred Yooper (from Upper Michigan) and Miller products are close to my heart. If a ribeye is at stake (pun intended), I could choke down some Anheiser though.

Brandon, Killer looking Ribeye Man!
icon_cool.gif
I've used that Roaside stuff on Ribeye/Delmonicos, Flank, Skirt, Top Round (AKA London Broil as it's called here). The RS also is great on pork. I marinated a Pork loin, Loin end roast for 2 days and roasted it in the oven last Sunday. Made a killer Au Jus, and been eating some great pork sammies all week. Works well on ribs and loins as well. Nice job Bud.
icon_smile.gif

First off B, thanks for sharing an awesome recipe
icon_cool.gif

An Au Jus would be killer, definitely gonna try that with a RS loin

"roasted it in the oven" whats up with that???
icon_biggrin.gif

Weather hasn't been the greatest lately, so I will let it slide
icon_biggrin.gif

Used this on a London Broil (Top Sirloin) yesterday. Only had the chance to let it sit for about an hour and a half. Cooked it to 120 in the middle, rested for a little over 10 minutes. Had a wonderful flavor. The color was awesome. Photos next time...

Even the picky daughter came back for more.

I left the oil out of it like it says to do for marinating in the R/S Chicken recipe. I also used black pepper instead of white.

I'll let it marinate longer the next time, but other than the changes I made, its perfect just the way it is. I think I'll let it rest a little longer also.

Matt

Brandon, Killer looking Ribeye Man!
icon_cool.gif
I've used that Roaside stuff on Ribeye/Delmonicos, Flank, Skirt, Top Round (AKA London Broil as it's called here). The RS also is great on pork. I marinated a Pork loin, Loin end roast for 2 days and roasted it in the oven last Sunday. Made a killer Au Jus, and been eating some great pork sammies all week. Works well on ribs and loins as well. Nice job Bud.
icon_smile.gif
Roadside would be great on a flip flop!!

Back