Roadside find - Genesis E320 -2009 sidewinder

Looks like the grease tray is missing that holds the disposable trays. I had one corrode from a leaking tray and found a replacement on Amazon. Pick that up along with flavorizor bars and it's good to go. Separate project is to arrest the rust around the wheel tubes and bottom tray. A definite keeper!

Swapped in as everyday cooker now (with the full size gas bottle)! Will look to christen later tonight if the weather holds up

F6194C6C-EE43-4510-9D42-622A476E7134.jpeg

Last edited:
Looks like the grease tray is missing that holds the disposable trays. I had one corrode from a leaking tray and found a replacement on Amazon. Pick that up along with flavorizor bars and it's good to go. Separate project is to arrest the rust around the wheel tubes and bottom tray. A definite keeper!
Yep new flavourisers on the way from Amazon. Have some older ones for now but they are pretty gone. I do have the grease tray - it was just getting a soak when took the picture.

I like the tank sitting on the right of the bbq as I need the cabinet space to put stuff.
I was wondering if we can modify the NA model to have that?

I like the tank sitting on the right of the bbq as I need the cabinet space to put stuff.
Yup.

Hi D., just mount your scale on the outside. The scale part will face away from you is the only downside

Attachments

• 9B10A2A3-4BE4-4CC5-8884-2794D2B7C69B.jpeg
    9B10A2A3-4BE4-4CC5-8884-2794D2B7C69B.jpeg
    146 KB · Views: 3
Find the same style scale off an older Silver B. That would face the correct direction....right?

Thinks its an AU thing - most of the models I have seen have the gas tank on the side or are just Natural gas

Yep sure. I don't even think you can really hang an LP tank inside the grill on a US model without the hole in the floor.

You can hang an empty tank without cutting the floor.
That was a little sarcasm by the way. A full tank on a hanger will sit on the floor until its empty, and it will still sit on the floor.

Everytime I have to open and close the valve on my mom's or a friends with the tank inside I want to mod their grills and move it to the outside.

Hi D., just mount your scale on the outside. The scale part will face away from you is the only downside
Is it balanced sitting there? I was wondering if there is any modification weber implemented for weight balance putting the tank to the side.
It would be disasters if someone nudged it and it tips over

That is how the older Genesis grills were designed. THey all had the tank hanging on the outside right side. The only reason they put it inside was for aesthetics. In fact, it is more dangerous to have it inside. They had to add heat deflectors after a few years. The tank scales that they hang from on the outside have brackets to ensure they remain locked onto the scale. Even without the bracket (I don't engage mine), the chances of the tank falling off are slim.

Back