Ribs on my "new" Silver A

Dave_S

TVWBB Member
I thought I'd break in this Silver A I inherited from my boss with some baby backs. I usually do St. Louis around 350 with a foiled stage, but I wanted to test the low temp capability of this grill. I'm still awaiting replacement parts, but it was functional enough for this task (grates were slightly rusty, hence the foil).

Rub:
1 tablespoon mustard powder
1 tablespoon paprika
1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
1 1/2 teaspoons celery salt
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice

Glaze:
ketchup
apple cider vinegar
brown sugar
El Diablo chipotle mustard
grape jelly
liquid smoke

~5 hours at ~250 degrees with hickory packets. Next time I think I'll do 275 to get it a little more tender. I bumped up the heat the last hour to set the glaze. Served with "augmented" boxed shells & cheese and a spicy pickle slaw:

http://imgur.com/a/rMYBa

g58wNeBh.jpg

Tupnbevh.jpg

HpaoAa7h.jpg

Wow, that looks amazing. That mac n' cheese is making me hungry for some of my grandma's! No one can make it like her.

Your coleslaw looks like 100% match to hers as well. She has never done ribs before but that meal makes me think of her cooking a lot.

Wow, that looks amazing. That mac n' cheese is making me hungry for some of my grandma's! No one can make it like her.

Your coleslaw looks like 100% match to hers as well. She has never done ribs before but that meal makes me think of her cooking a lot.

That's a serious compliment to be compared to grandma! :eek:

Ribs and glaze looks fantastic. I like how u DID NOT put BBQ sause on those.
Great job.
Thank you for sharing.

Peter

Back