Ribs + Chicken (wisconsin style)

Jim Lampe

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Seen John's post minutes before I was gonna post this.... couldn't use the same title...
found some monster beef ribs today, so i marinated them briefly in Stubb's Beef Marinade then seasoned with Lone Star rub.
DSCN0699.JPG

on the WSM with oak wood for smoke, ran about 235º to 250ºF for about four hours.
DSCN0702.JPG

with about an hour or so to go on the beef ribs, i got the 26"OTG set up for a 5 pound Wicker's marinated spatchcock bird.
DSCN0703.JPG

a beautiful thing....
DSCN0704.JPG

very small Yukons were also being roasted while the bird cooked.
DSCN0706.JPG

Meanwhile, the ribs were just about done, a coupla poblano peppers were smoked along with those ribs.
DSCN0707.JPG

DSCN0708.JPG

and the yardbird looks cooked as well.
DSCN0710.JPG

garden fresh green beans were added to tonight's dinner plate.
DSCN0712.JPG

DSCN0713.JPG

everything was nearly perfect this evening.... only thing missing was a fine nightcap. So, I found one.
DSCN0715.JPG

icon_wink.gif
thank you Mike Hawkins for that very special label! Prost! Buddy!!
smiley-eatdrink003.gif

and thanks to you for viewing
icon_smile.gif

I dont know how your neighbors can handle smelling all that good food cooking. your food always looks amazing. thanks for always posting great pics.

Nice looking bird, hope you made a Manhattan with the Bourbon. That is a classic Wisconsin drink. Although the chicks at the bar look at me funny when I order one. Usually have to explain it and end up doing a body shot. It is all good in the end.
icon_smile.gif

Outstanding! Really need to get a hold of some big bad beef ribs. And i will consult with you before i cook em. Quality Jim!

Wow, quite the meatfest. I thought Wisconsin style simply meant great food and no leftovers...
icon_wink.gif
another winner Jim.

icon_smile.gif
thanks for your kind remarks...
Brian, i tend to drink fine bourbon with only a very small ice cube. anything else, i believe, would make it "just a drink"
icon_wink.gif

butt i like your body shot idea
icon_biggrin.gif
Did only once when i had hair and girlfriends
icon_razz.gif

Gary, not everyone in wisconsin is fat like me
icon_biggrin.gif
some actually eet leftovers

Jim the meal looks great, plated pics a work of art, but the label Jim! WOW!

Webster's on Jim Lampe: Master of creating a sense of envy and maintaining it.

WELL DONE ONCE AGAIN!

wsmsmile8gm.gif

You're smoking on all cylinders my friend!
Beautiful yard and turf cook!

beef rib envy is setting in again, across the board.

your own special KC label Jim?
get out of here!
icon_biggrin.gif

Back