Rib prices

Mark Orth

TVWBB Member
Hey guys, I don't post here much but I thought I'd ask. I did a search and didn't see this discussed. Rib prices seem to be insane where I am and I didn't know if this was a regional thing, nationwide and what anyone knew about causes. I believe that prices seem to rise and fall, annually, but they seem to have shot through the roof last fall, and the show no sign of coming down. As a for instance, I used to be able to get pre-trimmed spare ribs for $10-$11/rack. Yes, the pre-trimmed are more expensive/pound but since there's less weight/rack it works out to me. Anyway, the same ribs now seem to cost something like $15/rack. I believe I saw something online about a virus or infection effecting the pig population in a big way. I just kind of thought things would've equaled out by now. Butt prices don't seem to be as effected.

I believe I saw something online about a virus or infection effecting the pig population in a big way. I just kind of thought things would've equaled out by now. .

Gonna be like this all 2014. It was piglets that died off because of that virus and that's caused the spike.

Back