Reusing an Old Weber Silver B for a Cart

Thanks everyone for the nice compliments. It was a fun project and what I was able to salvage off the grill itself I put a post up and sent off some of the parts for the cost of shipping to a few forum members. So the old Silver B lives on in transplants to keep other Webers alive and grillin:rolleyes:

That looks great! Wood on metal looks sharp, and that's a lot of surface area to work/prep on.

Oh my goodness! I just saw this thread which Chris headlined on TVWGG! Rich, what genius! You certainly had a lightbulb moment.

5 months ago I had my new Genesis delivered and asked them to haul off the old model (for a small "dump" fee). I just "knew" in my BBQ heart that someone at Ace Hardware was going to refurbish it but didn't know what to do with it. I'll bet they didn't think of this trick! I wouldn't be above using it in my old galley-style kitchen. I am one sad puppy! :(

Rita

Last edited:
I have silver and frame in my back yard to take apart today. It has one section with some rust, but I can build that up to be useable. Rich's original clear pine looks very nice, but I have some scrap granite from countertops that would work well I think, if its not too heavy for the frame. Or if it is, maybe mixing some wood species and stains up could be interesting too.

Great looking cart! I have one question though. How did you attach the wood to the frame?

Thanks.

I used a piece of the clear oak and cut it down to the width of the top frame rails. I attached the wood with a couple of counter sunk screws. I then used my small nail gun and attached the slates to the wood rails.

I used a piece of the clear oak and cut it down to the width of the top frame rails. I attached the wood with a couple of counter sunk screws. I then used my small nail gun and attached the slates to the wood rails.

Thanks for the quick reply. A few weeks ago I picked up an old silver b. My only reason for picking it up was to do a cart like yours.

Back