Return of an old friend

Mark Foreman

TVWBB All-Star
My daughter will be staying with us for a few months. She brought the 2015 performer that I gave her when I bought the E6.

1699666155712.jpeg

Spent some cleanup time. Fired up some charcoal and grilled up NM Chile burgers.
I forgot how talented kettles are.
I am glad its home….

Next up, rotisserie chicken (I kept my Weber roti).

I’m going to dig out my 22 WSM in the back of the garage and barbecue something.

Got the roti from its hiding place.
1699845959592.jpegMy daughter and I spun a Leon herb chicken and added carrots, potatoes, leeks in the drip pan. Delicious by no pics - MB.

i do have a question tho. I used KPro in a CB on one side of the grill (375F). Put the drip Pan in. Ended up having to nuke the veggies and would have liked a bit more browning. Should I have raised the drip to be even or above the top of the CB to get more heat on the drip pan?

What are some other foods you and your daughter like to make, on the Performer?
Most everything from grilled meats and veggies, smoked briskets and ribs, pizza, and rotisseried birds, beef, and pork. The performer in the picture I bought in 2015 and is the 5th one I’ve owned since the early 70s. I now have an E6 WSK which is how my daughter ended up with it.

To be honest, it’s been a year and a half since I cooked on a kettle and was it ever fun thus the break out the WSM in the back of the garage comment I made.

What were you cooking on in the past year and a half?

Nice, thanks for sharing. Good to see families enjoying good home cooked meals together.

Back