Refurbished Genesis 1000

Welcome Robert! That's a very nice restore. Please post some details. Did you make new wood? It certainly looks like it from the pictures. How about the decals? Did you replace them or was everything in that good of shape to begin with?

Welcome Robert! That's a very nice restore. Please post some details. Did you make new wood? It certainly looks like it from the pictures. How about the decals? Did you replace them or was everything in that good of shape to begin with?
Hi Steve, it was a beat-up grill I got for $40. I got the right size pine wood (very low cost) from HomeDepot, cut into right length, stained and polyurethane the wood. I refurbished the old logo badge by washing it down, applied high-heat paint and sand it down to look like new.

Last edited:
looks great! We’re lucky to have parts so readily available these days. I finished restoring this bbq about a year ago. Most of the parts I was able to pick up online and delivered to my doorstep. I watched my dad clean up the same grill about 20 years ago and he tells me he had a hell of a time sourcing out parts. Lots of time on forums and finding local grills for sale that we could strip for parts.

Attachments

• IMG_2101.jpeg
    IMG_2101.jpeg
    210.3 KB · Views: 11
Nothing like a well restored early Genesis. The slats really make them for me.
And, they were so well made that they are relatively easy to bring back from curb to place of honor....

Back