RecTeq Bullseye on $ale !!

Oh yeah, I have taken note. Still fence sitting for now. I really like the Bullseye, but one thing that does bother me is that it has no provision for grease drainage. That is one thing to give credit to the makers of the Spider pellet grill attachment for the Weber kettle. They do include a drain (no catch bucket, but you can buy one pretty cheap).

On top of that, I am right now trying to resist a Primo XL oval in a cypress cart that looks very good, but which the owner has apparently not gotten much interest. He started at $1000, was at $600 for a while and just dropped to only $400. That's an incredible steal. I sold my Big Green Egg before moving from Florida because I was using it a lot less and because I was afraid it would break in the move. This would be a lot less than I sold my BGE for, and from what I can see, Primo may well have BGE beat out in design. Also, it is made in USA not Mexico.

And then there is that SmokeFire EX-4...

$349 delivered.

https://www.recteq.com/RT-B380-Bullseye-Wood-Pellet-Grill?utm_source=facebook/instagram&utm_medium=paid&utm_campaign=Retargeting Shopping Videos&utm_term=Bullseye Shopper&utm_content=bsoty_oct_static_B380Sale_copy1&fbclid=IwAR1ODdm-q_rA8F6oyECWQXuigz-c6ri1B3vUqJJuZNm91BwkFGzthQZfBj4

No sales tax either ... at least none where I live. YMMV.

I have been wanting to add one of these to the stable for a while.
Just ordered mine.
I look forward to reporting back with a review soon.
What is the cooking grate diameter on this thing. Same as Weber Kettle?
‘They show lots of exterior photos on their site but ZIP on the inside.

Yes, it can use Weber kettle grates as well as other brands that are interchangeable. I saw a YouTube where a guy upgraded with the diamond pattern cast iron grate from the kettle Sam’s used to offer.

$349 delivered.

https://www.recteq.com/RT-B380-Bullseye-Wood-Pellet-Grill?utm_source=facebook/instagram&utm_medium=paid&utm_campaign=Retargeting Shopping Videos&utm_term=Bullseye Shopper&utm_content=bsoty_oct_static_B380Sale_copy1&fbclid=IwAR1ODdm-q_rA8F6oyECWQXuigz-c6ri1B3vUqJJuZNm91BwkFGzthQZfBj4

No sales tax either ... at least none where I live. YMMV.

I have been wanting to add one of these to the stable for a while.
Just ordered mine.
I look forward to reporting back with a review soon.
@Dave in KC moved at the right time. Inflation is real as the price is now $499!
I am guessing that Recteq bumped it up enough to give themselves some wiggle room for a sale at some point, but you won't see $349 new ever again.

Does the thing work? Seems a little mixed on the reviews.
I got one at the $349 sale and it’s a really nice small rig. Gets to temp quickly and holds well even after multiple lid openings and my Yoder falls off really fast from opening. The ability to set different options of the control panel and the added probe are a bonus. I haven’t experienced a grease problem yet having made numerous cooks. But I’m a fairly lenient guy unless something is a total failure. Just my take on the Bullseye.

It is a grill I would be interested in, although more likely at the old price! My biggest concern is that they made no provision for grease drainage. Even the Spider kettle attachment has that. I guess they are counting on most of the grease being incinerated. I would just wonder about stuff like a bunch of burgers. For low and slow of something like a pork shoulder (not this grill's best capability, but it CAN do it) I think a drip tray with water in it below the meat would keep things safe.

@Mike - LA have you done anything high heat that would make a lot of grease drippings? If so, how did it work out?

A couple nice things about this grill: (1) the grates are interchangeable with Weber kettle grates, so upgrading or using the GBS is a ready option. (2) @Dave in KC has shown that you can drop one of these into a 1st generation stainless steel Performer chassis to get his cool creation "The WebTeq."

Jon, no blazing high heat cooks as yet and mostly thick cut pork steaks and often Savoie's sausage links that do produce a fair amount of grease and its burning off the shield. But I take the steaks right to the low legal limit of done so not to dry out and then to the flat steel grate on a screaming hot Dutchess and sear a crust on both sides for just a minute.

Does the thing work? Seems a little mixed on the reviews.

I have been very happy with it. Burgers, wings, and Pizzas on the
stone have been great. I have not done a complete reverse sear
yet, but will when the weather turns a little warmer. I did smoke
a couple of chuck roasts for some chili last weekend, and they
turned out just as good as in my Smokefire.
Grease has not been an issue for me, as I am cooking for 2.

Back