Recommendations for Griddle Scraper?

LeeHarvey

TVWBB Pro
Something simple like a pastry blade?

Something fancy with a double handle for leverage?

Just a simple putty knife-looking blade?

Too many choices!

I use a 99 cent plastic paint scraper works fine for me if it breaks or gets too yucky I just throw it away and get another 99 cent one

What are you scraping?

Hot or cold?

Food grade or not?

NS or EW burners?
(ok that last one probably doesn't matter)

Yeah, I was thinking the food grade putty knife was probably my best bet. Food grade because I don’t particularly want flecks of heavy metals on my grill.

Yeah, I was thinking the food grade putty knife was probably my best bet. Food grade because I don’t particularly want flecks of heavy metals on my grill.
Decent drywall/or commonly known as putty knife are typically made of solid stainless steel and don't cost much at all.

Decent drywall/or commonly known as putty knife are typically made of solid stainless steel and don't cost much at all.
Eh… the one I have makes no mention of being stainless, and a magnet sticks to it better than it does to my fridge. I’m guessing it’s chromed spring steel.

9537DF3C-41DF-4D5C-B524-82CE44306278.jpeg

What are you scraping?

Hot or cold?

Food grade or not?

NS or EW burners?
(ok that last one probably doesn't matter)
I got the Ballistic Griddle a while ago, and I'd like to be able to scrape it down after use the way that a Japanese steakhouse does to their griddles at the end of a show. They usually have the big scrapers with the double handles, but that seems like overkill for my purposes.

Back