Recommend a good pepper mill?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wesley S

TVWBB Super Fan
I really don't want to drop $80-$100 on a pepper mill but I've gone though several of the el cheapo ones over the years. If anyone can recommend a decent one that is a reasonable price I'd appreciate it.

Thanks

CC7762_mn.jpg

I have one of these and LOVE it. Adjustable all metal grind. Looks good, too.

Rich G.

Chef's Catalog - Atlas Pepper Grinder

William Bounds makes a nice pepper mill. Guaranteed for life I think. You can find them just about anywhere. (Dept stores, Bed Bath and Beyond, Linens N Things) If you have a T.J. Max retail store I see them in there all the time. Amazon and Ebay also usually have some for a good price. I had one break that my dad had given me that was no telling how old and called up the manufacturer and sent it back. Received a new on in the mail 2 weeks later, no questions asked.

Do you want it for the table or for cooking. For rubs and such, I use so much pepper that I ususally just grind a bunch in the coffee grinder/spice mill.

Just got a new pepper mill for Christmas. After doing much research I let it slip that i could use a Unicorn Magnum Pepper Mill (recommended by Cooks Illustrated and Alton Brown from Food TV. This pepper mill was $45.00 but it is the best I have ever seen. Here is there site:
www.peppergun.com

Good Luck

Pampered Chef makes a nice inexpensive one. Multiple grind settings and holds salt too. Its plastic, but I think its guaranteed for life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back