Recent $50 Q320 pickup

They don't really support or impact how the shelves work, they simply hold the two legs together so that they don't spread apart and have the shelf fall out of it's grooves.

Tried to fire this thing up tonight for some chicken because it's raining. Couldn't get it going. Swapped in two different propane tanks, one just got filled. So sure it's not that.
Igniter is broken so I just use a long lighter to light. Only the left side of the burners would light and it was really weak. I had both the main and middle burners turned to max.
I cleaned the burner tubes out really well a month or so ago and haven't used it much since.
Guess I'll try to pull the burner tubes off again this weekend and see if I got a bunch of spiders in there or something. Suppose the regulator could be bad as well...

I think you are on the right track Kyle. Keep us posted.
One day I'll get around to painting the lid on this one red....but I've got 2 200s that need painting too...my personal grills usually get pushed to end of the line for upgrades, but I gotta get this one back to cooking

LOL, I have a bunch of Q grills. They keep piling up, but I don't like to rehab them because they don't give a good return on investment....The Q3xx grills are not too bad though. I can't seem to pass them up when they pop up for great prices.

Weird, but a good weird. This one fired right up today. I went ahead and ordered a new set of burners. Old ones work but aren't a nice even flame

My new burner tubes arrived. It’s like a new grill, except the outside still needs some TLC. It’ll cook now though!

The old tubes weren’t in terrible shape (picture 1). They didn’t produce a nice consistent flame all around, plus a few days ago was giving me major problems.

New tubes dropped right in and fired right up. Pic 2.
Also took a picture on the flame, but it’s not very noticeable in picture

566F8FCF-5726-4310-8BB6-423B7D2B881A.jpegB9FE7FFA-C324-48CE-98FB-539FBCC3381C.jpeg101D0599-1108-4843-B9D2-905618FDAE11.jpeg91DF776A-B83C-49A0-8075-7637120E3107.jpeg

Ive also got a new igniter on the way. I’ll probably try to squeeze out another season from the old grates and then splurge on those SS ones. Will also be painting the lid one day too.

These are the burner tubes I went with:
https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B07RHX2N58/tvwb-20

I was going to order these, but the shipping was 3-4 days slower and wanted to get it back up and running before my Father's Day cook.
https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B07CWLKQ1J/tvwb-20

This is the new igniter I ordered, It's not the full module. Going to try this out first and see if that does the trick. The igniters on my Qs over the past few years have never worked, so it'll be nice to have this working again
https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00L5NRICE/tvwb-20

If the new electrode doesn't work, it would mean the igniter is bad. If I were you, I would replace it with an old style Piezo igniter. Less than ten bucks and it will last ten times as long as a new electronic igniter. You might even have one of the old style igniters laying around.

I wish I could find a source for just the electrodes and gas collectors for Genesis grills. I have a dozen piezo igniters, but it is always the gas collector that rots out on the grills.

If the new electrode doesn't work, it would mean the igniter is bad. If I were you, I would replace it with an old style Piezo igniter. Less than ten bucks and it will last ten times as long as a new electronic igniter. You might even have one of the old style igniters laying around.
That's the plan. I salvaged a piezo igniter off my dad's old Silver A. Hoping the battery operated one still works, but piezo is plan B!

Back