real cured ham?

Jeff T Miller

TVWBB All-Star
I saw back in December Sams had a real cured ham that they had just had hanging in a cheese cloth on a coat rack looking display. I was very tempted to try one but had other things to buy then. I was there last evening and saw they still have the hams. Not necessarily the same hams. The sell by date is in april but there is green on the cheese cloth of most of the hams so I passed.

I was just wondering if the ham would still be good? I heard that real hams like that are really good and I am still kicking myself for not buying one a couple of months ago.

Maybe that's why they're called green hams?
icon_biggrin.gif

Never tried one myself, but I will someday.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Maybe that's why they're called green hams? Big Grin </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I though it was ham and green EGGS?

Check out Harper's Country Hams (hamtastic.com) for a great selection of country hams and other great foods. They win awards every year in Kentucky, which is where they are based. They ship anywhere in the US in a styrofoam cooler and dry ice packs for a decent price.
icon_biggrin.gif

Back