Ready for the Fight

George L

TVWBB All-Star
My daughter and her husband are inviting a few people over for the Mayweather-Alvarez fight Saturday night and they've asked me to BBQ for the crowd again. So I picked up 15 lbs of wings and 4 racks of baby backs which should be plenty, plus they'll have all kinds of sides. Their 22" kettle will be chugging along all afternoon. I just need to restrain myself from starting too early with the beer....lol.

They're also having the usual 12-round pool going at $10 per round which is usually fine for the number of people coming and willing to bet on the fight but I suggested adding decision-Mayeather, decision-Alvarez, and DRAW to the pool.

So, anyone else watching the fight this Sat?.....AND BBQ'ing? :))

We are having it at my house. We always do the pool also. It's lots of fun. Depending how big my crowd is what I will cook. Big crowd equals pulled pork. Smaller crowd will be aguachiles and carne asada and pizza for the kids.

I got mayweather on this fight. I dont think canelo is ready for mayweather. I was not impressed with canelo in his last fight with Trout.

I got mayweather on this fight. I dont think canelo is ready for mayweather. I was not impressed with canelo in his last fight with Trout.

I'm with you on that. We're getting pizza for the little ones too.
Have a great time with your family and friends!

I haven't watched a fight since Emile Griffith killed Benny "The Kid" Paret. Shows you how many fights I've missed.;)

I'm with you on that. We're getting pizza for the little ones too.
Have a great time with your family and friends!

Thanks George this time it's only friends. I was suppose to go to my wife's family to watch the fight that got cancelled due to family drama. My family are already going to a cousins house.

The only way canelo wins is KO. Otherwise I think Mayweather wins by scorecards.

Mayweather wins and proves to everyone he is the best.... First few rounds I was thinking Canelo you got this but then it went down hill. I hate when I pay $75 dollars for a fight and it was that great. I wanted to see a KO..
I could of use that money forwards a rotisserie..lol

Yeah, I was looking for a KO too. And that one judge ruled a draw?.....man, what was that all about?
Anyway, a friend who pulled the 'decision-Mayweather' ticket out of the hat was pretty happy with his winnings....lol...

Canelo was simply outclassed. But it was a great night. The first fight was amazing and a great performance by Garcia. But I do think he would have lost had Matthysse not lost his sight in the right eye.

Canelo was simply outclassed. But it was a great night. The first fight was amazing and a great performance by Garcia. But I do think he would have lost had Matthysse not lost his sight in the right eye.

Your right Alan. I wanted Matthysse to win. I wonder what's next for Mayweather? Who will he fight next?

Yeah, I was looking for a KO too. And that one judge ruled a draw?.....man, what was that all about?
Anyway, a friend who pulled the 'decision-Mayweather' ticket out of the hat was pretty happy with his winnings....lol...

That judge was not watching the same fight that I was watching...lol

Your right Alan. I wanted Matthysse to win. I wonder what's next for Mayweather? Who will he fight next?

Matthysse is great. Mayweather has 24 months before he retires and I don't of anyone that can give him a real challenge.

Back